1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

how can calvinism be "the Gospel?" isn't Tjat Jesus And the Cross/Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 9, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

As I'm sure you know, efficacy is the "power or capacity to produce a desired effect," and whether you recognize it or not we both affirm the efficacy of God. But what is His "desired effect?" I'll let Him tell you:

Maybe their hearts were kinder than yours brother, because as I have testified, my best friend and my brother are Calvinistic and we work in ministry together. We love each other dearly. I'm sorry you have become so jaded against a doctrine you clearly have yet to understand based upon the straw-men you keep erecting. Hopefully that can change.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

allan:

Who said it did, but vs 5 cannot be neglected as part of the Gospel of the Grace of God, paul explains why salvation must be of Grace, thats preaching the gospel, all the counsel..

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

That's preaching the gospel with 'additives' and we all know that 'additives' are not very good for you :)

No one disputes salvation is by grace my friend and that if it were not for grace, no one would be saved.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Amen, Brother Allan, amen!!

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Here is the problem with any theology. No systematic theological system is the "gospel", I don't care what any one says. Here is the "Gospel" in a nutshell:

Rom. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The Gospel is God's power to save. Its not DoG/Calvinism, Free will, Pelegianism/"semi", Gnostcism(sp?), Catholicism, etc.

6. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. I believe the "Gospel" in a nutshell is this:

Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all the nations be blessed."

The Gospel is God blessing the nations.

;)

7. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I see it has just as the scripture say's the true Gospel that God is crediting righteousness to those who believe God, until the amount of Abraham offspring will be like the sands of the seashore. That the promise will be fulfilled, no matter how men kick against the groin. I see the elect, but also see God is including adding to that number daily. Including as in not there from the beginning. No need to include people if they are already there. He has the end result, so He knows who they are. If standing before you now is the saved, wouldn't you know them?

#87 psalms109:31, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Math, physics, numbers....BTW, take a better look at Ireland, if thats in your future plans.....they now want to tax pensions. Great beer though.:tongue3: