1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How can God command all men everywhere to repent?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by icthus, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I did in another thread.

2. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Yes, but irrelevant.,

So a new born baby who is not able to obey is not human? Surely you are kidding. At what point does a baby become human, in the image of God?

Something tells me that's not why they don't hold elections in teh womb ... But I'll let that pass.

I would say that is not true, based on teh teaching of Eph 4:17-19 where man's mind is corrupted because of sin. I find it hard to argue that that is what God intended man to be like. But even that, you said taht part of the image of God was the ability to obey. And I pointed out that babies who are in the image of God are not able to obey, and thus your whole position is predicated on a falsity. It falls apart at the start.

3. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Yes

Yes, every Calvinist believes that.

Yes, every Calvinist believes that.

Yes, and that free will is affected by sin so that we choose that which is in accordance with our nature. Sinful people freely choose sinful things and will continue to do so. Adam was the only exception.

There is not much to think about here. The Bible reveals to us that God did created our brains, that we are responsible for the decisions we make, and that unsaved man will always choose to reject God because his brain is corrupted by sin. No one forces the sinner to reject God, just like no one forces a ball to roll downhill. He does it naturally because that is who he is and he does it freely.

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I've been talking about the OP, which was based on this same assumption. Here's the assumption directly from the OP:
    You may question my intelligence all you like. It makes no difference to me. But until you or one of your friends can prove this assumption that ability limits obligation then you have no basis to believe what you believe or to deny what we believe.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you limit that for which you have no control? The atonement of the Christ is not limited, it is for sin, wherever and whenever sin was committed, Jesus' death atoned for it.

The fact that you do not want to believe that makes me question your intelligence! You cannot provide good reason to so limit the Christ's atonement to people when scripture says it is for sin. Granted, people sin, but sin is what is atoned, and that cannot be limited to any group or category of people for ALL have sinned!

5. whatever

whatever New Member

I've been talking about the OP, which was based on this same assumption. Here's the assumption directly from the OP:
    You may question my intelligence all you like. It makes no difference to me. But until you or one of your friends can prove this assumption that ability limits obligation then you have no basis to believe what you believe or to deny what we believe.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you limit that for which you have no control? The atonement of the Christ is not limited, it is for sin, wherever and whenever sin was committed, Jesus' death atoned for it.

The fact that you do not want to believe that makes me question your intelligence! You cannot provide good reason to so limit the Christ's atonement to people when scripture says it is for sin. Granted, people sin, but sin is what is atoned, and that cannot be limited to any group or category of people for ALL have sinned!
    </font>[/QUOTE]As long as you maintain that unbelief is not sin then you and I will never be able to talk intelligently about the subject of atonement.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Well it seems that you never have been able to talk intelligently about the subject of the atonement!

You think that Jesus atoned for people, when scripture clearly says the atonement is for sin!

People do not have the power of death that sin used to have! Therefore, it is not people that the atonement was for, but rather sin!

Until you recognize that, you never will talk intelligently about atonement!