How can God know everything?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 20, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever asked yourself how this is possible?
    I mean is there a scientific explanation for this? Or is this something which cannot be explained? I wonder if God directly knows everything or wether he first of all has to look it up somehow or research it somehow. For example why are our deeds written down on books? Does God needs books because otherwise he could not memorize all these things? :confused:

2. epistemaniac

epistemaniac
    Expand Collapse

How can God know everything? He's God.... [​IMG]

the book thing is just a figure of speech.....

blessings,
    Ken

3. DeeJay

DeeJay
    Expand Collapse

This is something that can not be explained, because we have nothing in our experiance to compair it to. Like eterenty, having no begining, omnipresence, etc.

I agree with epist about the books being figure of speech. Even if there are real books they are for our benifit. God has them memorized [​IMG]

4. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

xdisciplex,

Simple explanation for the books. In the Book of Revelation, we see that the dead are judged according to their works or deeds...

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

I believe those books are being recorded more for man than God. He will be able to show man every deed that man has done during his lifetime. Man will know those things, even if he had forgotten some of them, they will be brought to rememberance.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan
    Expand Collapse

#1. Man is not allows to "read God's books" (at least not those who burn in the lake of fire).

#2. It is true that the books of record show that God is being "externally objective, audited, verifiable" to a non-God group just as we see Him doing in Job 1 and Job 2.

#3. God knows all for all of time.

Point #2 "shows" that we are in a "free will universe". There is no other reason to expose the actions of God and the lives of men to non-God beings.

We live in a "free will universe" there is no other reason to have a "victory" over Satan that is in the form of "the Cross". In a non-Free will system the biggest most powerful most wise being would just "crush-the-opposition".

They only way "suffering and death" is "winning" is in a free-will system where "exposing verifiable details" and "information" is "the method of winning".

6. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Where can that be found in the Bible?... that man cannot read God's books?

7. Alcott

Alcott
    Expand Collapse

Well if he-- meaning you-- can, then give us a little review.

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex
    Expand Collapse

Okay.
    But have you ever asked yourself how God can recreate the dead bodies of the dead? I mean how does he do this? What if somebody was pulverized or eaten by wild animals or torn into pieces or burned or what if somebody exploded into millions of pieces? How does God recreate those bodies? Is there a scientific explanation for this? Maybe that even if the body dies and decays there is a subatomic structure of the body which remains? I mean these things are simply so hard to imagine and to comprehend? Is thinking about this bad? Should I not be asking myself how God does this? But the problem is that if I cannot imagine something then it seems so unreal to me. If I cannot imagine how God is supposed to recreate those bodies then it seems so unreal to me like a fairy tale. :confused: :(