How Can This Happen?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by tyndale1946, Nov 18, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

I heard from a previous poster on here that they had various accounts and were different people on here... I have been on this board for over 14 years off and on and never have I represented myself... To me this is deceptive and especially on a Christian board... How can this happen?... Which bears this question, who else is on here that has various accounts and should this practice be allowed?... Can anything be done about this?... How many posing as other people are on here?... This is very upsetting... Brother Glen

2. matt wade

matt wade
    Expand Collapse

People misrepresent themselves and lie on the Internet? Shocking I say...shocking!

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW
    Expand Collapse

Have the admins been picked more for being theologically sound, and not so much for being internet savvy? It's not that hard to see who's posting from duplicate accounts.

4. Kevin

Kevin
    Expand Collapse
    Inactive Users
    Inactive User

I always have arguments with myself, I guess I could setup some more accounts and do it on the forum. The problem is I always believe everything I read on the internet Laugh

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

How naïve of me!... Well I've gotten a heads up from others since posting this and actually these children of God are no different than those in the OT... Thou shalt not bear false witness!... I guess some commandments don't mean the same or

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace
    Expand Collapse

Now you, m'friend, have a genuine conundrum to deal with --- lots o' luck!! O OEek:(

• Like Like x 1
  7. TC

TC
    Expand Collapse

You mean the sock puppets have invaded the BB?

8. MichelleVL

MichelleVL
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that is horrible! Having multiple accounts is like lying and cheating. I mean what's the purpose of it? And how many people are doing this right now? I feel totally duped. This practice should not be allowed in any of the forums.

9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW
    Expand Collapse

I went to the Xenforo (the company who makes the software BB is using) website, and they have a forum for people who use their software. IP logs were being discussed in a number of threads. If the admins here think that duplicate accounts are a problem.

In the other forums I use, duplicate accounts are banned quickly.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

It has always been the rules of this board that multiple accounts are not to be and such would be banned. When the admins discovered them they would take care of it.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

None of the active (unpaid) admins are the webmaster\owner of this site. So, we are not authorized to tinker with the software nuts and bolts.

12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW
    Expand Collapse

Yikes.

I'm new, but it seems like duplicate accounts are a pretty big concern to the members here.