1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Catholics Think

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yet another example of a person who can look good on the outside but whose doctrine can influence folks right into an eternal lake of fire.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Amazingly Catholics will deny their works based salvation system, they'll deny praying to Saints, Mary, their idolatry and the list goes on and on of things they actually do which they deny.

Funny thing is one on here asked for proof it was taught officially from the 'church' Praying to Mary and saints) which I did prove, then you should've seen the twisting bobbing and weaving when proof was shared straight from the horses mouth.

RCC is no more Christian than Mormonism. I'm NOT saying no catholic is saved. We live next door to a Mormon and she always likes to say she's a Christian. She's not.

3. Robjoshua35

Robjoshua35 New Member

That, preacher4 truth is far from the truth, may even be considered blasphemy by some, like me. Catholics do not pray to Mary or Saints, they simply quote scripture, see Luke 1:27-35. Because they have statutes does not mean they are worshiping idols, it is symbolic Jesus on the Cross, and the Saint of God; in the same way the flag represents the country, and for which it stands for, ie, freedom. The apostles questioned Jesus when they saw other casting out demons. Jesus said to "leave them alone, whoever is for Me is not against Me". Proverbs 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination unto the Lord". Proverbs 26:24. Proverbs 6:19 "The Lord hates.,..one who sows discord among brethren." You have "proof"? What, may I ask?

4. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Wow! Are you guys serious or are you using sarcasm? OF COURSE Catholics pray to the saints. They don’t deny it, they even advocate it.
    Catechism Section 2683 (emphasis added).

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I was going to say that Catholics don’t have to think – just listen.

I agree with preacher4truth for the most part – I don’t think that one can hold to Mormonism and be saved while there are Christian Catholics. I think that they are more often saved despite the church than through its doctrine.

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

What is even more sad is Catholics I have met will make fun of us Protestants when we try to share the gospel or talk about salvation.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. But I've seen "us" do the same.

8. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Going into a box and confessing sins to some fella in a black suit on the other side was enough to steer me clear of them.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

That just might be because they already know the gospel. Most American Catholics do, and believe it.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In all my years of ministry I have never met a Catholic that knew the gospel.
    I grew up in a Catholic family. I was a Catholic until I got saved at the age of 20. I never heard the gospel preached in the Catholic, ever! not even once.
    Catholics do not believe in salvation by grace through faith, but rather salvation by works. One cannot believe in the Catholic doctrine and be saved at the same time. That is an impossibility. It is the same as saying that one can be a Muslim and a believer at the same time. It can't be done. In both cases the false doctrine must be forsaken.

12. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

But we do have these pesky little verses in the Gospel of John. I have heard a number of non-Catholic explanations of it but they all sound hollow and contrived.

13. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Not going to argue with ya. If the Catholic Church floats your boat then more power to ya. All I said was it wasn't for ME. I have a God and a perfect Savior....don't need a slick in a suit to forgive me of anything.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very few Catholics are infact true believers. Many approve of sinful lifestyles.

15. preacher4truth

Yeah, well, zenis and others of his ilk pull passages like this out of context and interpret them in such a way as to contradict other passages in order to support their dissident teachings. And you're correct, we have one mediator between us and God, and it's not the fellow with the collar.

16. preacher4truth

What is amazing is that the things they practice they deny. This is called lying in Scripture. Are they so deceived that they can practice these things and not see that they do it? I have no room for the false gospel of catholicism. I'm also not going to go ahead and play the ecumenism charade and call that group christian.

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't even have to read the OP but it looks like Zaac is once again mind-reading and making sweeping generalizations based on what one person has said. He does not disappoint.

Can you imagine a thread titled: "What Baptists Believe" and then have whatever theological point was given as an example be presented as a uniformly held belief?

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two gospel readings in each mass w/ explanation...where were you?

#18 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just got off the phone with my Catholic uncle who is dieing of cancer ...his liberal daughter went to a gay pride parade last week and put pictures of it with a blurb about teaching children to be tolerant. Then he puts in on this Facecrook crap that he approves. I called him and told him to read his Bible...my next call should be to his bishop.

#19 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would prefer to just alienate them & drive them deeper into their sin?

Not my approach Rob. Wait till a teachable moment appears then seize it. Show them scripturally their error.
    Most of them have their heads so far up there arses that they will get confused & start lashing out..... then go home, find a bible in the far reaches of a closet somewhere, dust off the 1/2 inch of dust & pull to your scripture....then grumble that your being truthful.....but that isnt reality (the way they see it) ....see they want to sin & then go to confession for absolution, then sin again.....thats much easier. & God forbid you claim to be a "Baptist" ...... that ices it....your a fing religious nut then. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.