1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Catholics Think

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No idea what P4T said, but this person is one of two I have put on ignore in eight years. Nothing he says has any credibility.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sure it is, and you enforce it so equally.

3. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

Wrong, dead wrong. This song seems to be about the judgement seat of Christ. Bad theology? 2 Corinthians 5:10

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And....

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned," (Matt. 12:36).

#84 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Do tell how the catholic church deals with 'restoring' a 'priest' like this. What is protocol?

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is strange is that a RCC priest can be defrocked for knowingly giving communion to non catholic, yet not for say abusing small boys?

8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I'll bite: Where in scripture do we see a prayer to "St. Michael the Archangel"? For that matter, where in scripture do we ever see that angels are saints?

So, when I'm driving to the beach (sorry, that's "down the shore" to my neighbors) and see people kneeling in prayer and laying offerings at the feet of the Padre Pio shrine or when I drive over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and see people gathered around that monstrous chrome statue of ary and see people kneeling and laying offerings at its feet, what in the world are they doing if not worshipping them?

Where is the victorious Jesus? Where is the Jesus who was raised on the third day to show that the Father accepted His sacrifice, to show His mastery over death and sin, to be a testimony to us that, if God raised Him up, He'll raise us up, and to fulfill prophecy?

Why is Jesus always the victim in Catholicism and never the victor? How many times must Catholics re-sacrifice Him when the Bible tells us that His sacrifice was once and for all?

Jesus was trying to quell a squabble between factions, not talking about those who preach a false gospel, in this case, Catholicism.

Catholics are not our brothers. No more than Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses are our brothers.

#88 JohnDeereFan, Sep 20, 2013
  9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Good answer and yes he is totally incorrect. I just happened to avoid his twaddle which contained no truth whatsoever.

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my own case, I attended a Catholic Church in Pennsauken, NJ and, every day, after school at St. Stephens', we would ride our bikes over to Tommy's house because that's where all the good places to play and ride our bikes were.

There was also a little fundamentalist Bible church there. One day, we saw some boys playing football on the lawn and asked if we could play with them. They were boys from that church and two of the older "boys" turned out to be the pastor and the youth leader. We would tell them what we learned about God and about religion (remember, this was a Catholic school so religion classes were mandatory) and they would talk to us about it and we would look things up together in the Bible.

It became harder and harder to reconcile what I was learning in my Catholic church and school with what I was reading in the Bible with my new friends. It also made me wonder why, between a Catholic Church and a Catholic school, I wasn't hearing the Gospel like I was at this little Bible church.

I'd like to tell you that a light bulb suddenly went off in my head and that I repented and received Christ there on the spot, but I didn't become a Christian for about another fifteen years. But the Gospel I heard at that little church stuck with me and was the first seed planted in my heart.

I think about those two guys and that little church a lot. I tried to track them down a few months ago, just to see if any of them were still around, but the church has since moved and I don't remember their names. But God does and I trust that He'll honor their faithfulness and that I'll be able to thank them in person one day in Heaven.

I certainly never heard the gospel in the Catholic Church and whenever I witness to a Catholic, to a man, they will always tell me that their salvation is based on their membership in the Catholic Church or their adherence to Catholic salvific rituals.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that the Lord has saved in even Rome a faithful remnant, so they are my brothers and Sisters, but wished would come out from there and be deperate!

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

The cross is empty, the tomb vacant. That's one of my problems with the Catholic Church, portraying Jesus as a suffering man rather than a holy, conquering, Almighty God.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that is due to the truth that Rome has a different view on the nature of the Atonement!

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have to portray Him that way. Otherwise, the constant re-sacrificing of Christ in the Eucharist (according to them) makes no sense.

15. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

JohnDeereFan said this
    Wow, something I've never thought about and so true. I'm interested to hear why people think this is so. Great post

Edit: sorry I should have read on. Some good points were made

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will tell you they are instructed by the lord to "Do it in memory of me"

#96 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 20, 2013
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They hope he rots in jail so they dont have to deal with him any more...... trust me, they already knew he was a Homo......so they pass him from parish to parish & then sometimes send him for psych treatment.....but that wont work cause he joined the Catholic priesthood to have an underground gay lifestyle.

If it was me dealing with him....... ah but its not. Im just thankful that the prisons dont take kindly to pedophiles. And the RC's will defrock him so no lifetime pension for Fruit Loops. GOOD, I HOPE HE ROTS IN HELL!

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    dear Brother,

this doesn't sound like you. especially the words in bold.

that said, I tried out for basketball in my freshman in high school in a (used to be) exclusively boy's Catholic school in the Philippines, and qualified, and they had us newbies sleeping on site during the summer vacation to do pre-season training under the coaches and with the senior players.
    so one night we were on lights out around 10 pm, and I was so fired up from the day's training my adrenalin was still going (skipped hot shower) and couldn't sleep and about midnight I see a familiar silhouette come in and quietly creep between the sheets of one of the freshmen players, a good friend of mine who was a tall, handsome, light-skinned mestizo (sorry, you'll have to look up what that means or ask a Filipino friend of yours).
    There was some whisperings and some kind of scuffling going on, and finally I heard a coupla sounds kinda like a fist hitting flesh, and the familiar silhouette stood up and hurried out.
    Why is it the weirds are mostly in the RC priesthood ?
    oh, the silhouette had a shut left eye.
    wonder why ?

19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    all Roman Catholics are lost.
    doctrinally. timely. gospelly.
    so are most who make up what we call Christianity.
    but I'd be careful judging their eternal statuses in sweeping indictments unless one can show from scripture that DOCTRINE and PRACTICE is a prerequisite to God's mercy and grace (Titus 3:5).

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO!

Some are saved due to the very grace of god, NOT due to their bad and heretical teachings!

Think DHK was saved out from the church, sure others here can testify to that also!

Believe John macarthur church has several Thousands of his memebers saved while there were still catholic at the time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.