1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Close is U.S. to Martial Law?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to this disturbing finding, since the Sandy Hook shooting, there has been an average of one school shooting a week! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/10/school-shootings-since-newtown_n_5480209.html

Add in all the other mass killings, like the one in Vegas over the past weekend, and one can't help but wonder if the POTUS is drooling at the recent stats, hoping for an excuse to declare the martial law in order to remove guns from the hands of Americans, BY FORCE if necessary!

I have felt all along, that the government is doing little to slow down the mass shooting trend sweeping our nation, and they are doing it to whip up support for forcefully removing guns from Americans.

We already know that this POTUS does not give a hill of beans for laws, statutes and amendments, He has quietly been forgoing Congress and the laws to institute what "He feels is in the best interest of ALL Americans!"

We know that his home-town Chicago, is under siege with shootings, and I have a feeling that a percentage of Americans would almost be welcome to forcefully taking guns away from citizens!

This is my opinion, of course, and I know some of you will counter and say Obama can't do this because it is an amendment, but tell me, since when has this POTUS allowed our rights by laws to be followed? Think ACA, and all the constitutional laws he has broken to implement this healthcare program?

I tell you, most Americans are buying into the "Not one more!" campaign, and I think the administration is quietly hoping the moment arrives to end the second amendment.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hyberbole alert!

They are whipping up support by....doing nothing? M-kay...

Actually, he's been ignoring the constitution to delay implementing ACA. Don't let facts bother you though...

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And which report ....

.... are we supposed to believe? I think the one I shared should be aof great concern to all parents who love their kids and this nation! That is a lot of shootings at schools across the nation!

Like I said that report didn't include the mass shootings at theaters, army bases, hospitals, malls, in ghettos, etc.

A good spin man can make numbers read the way they are hired to make them appear!

Do Dawg, do you not have a concern about the up tick in campus violance?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We are not going to the US under martial law in the foreseeable future. Mark my words. It ain't gonna happen.

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I really don't think Obama can whip up much support for anything after the slew of scandals over the past two years. Now I can see him forcing it down our throats, but his days of campaigning for support is over.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree. Too many armed citizens who distrust the government.

They'd be kicking a bee hive.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The martial law scaemongering has been going on since the midterm elections in 2010. I expect that we will soon be warned that the president is going to cancel the 2014 elections.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems someone on the BB has already said that ... or was it he was going to cancel the presidential election of 2012.

There are all kinds of nut cases in our country. Lucky they live in a country where free speech is protected.