1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How come the guys who trust God to fix the election

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Oct 28, 2008.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

How come the guys who trust God to fix the election don't trust God to protect them against the Talaban? How come all the people who want "In God We Trust" on the money . . . exactly what are you trusting God to do?

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Can you explain this a bit further? I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking particularly in the comment about the Talaban.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I know you're not really asking a question - you're just making a statement. But what statement are you making?

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds to me like he's saying that: "---those who trust God should just sit down and wait for Him to fix all the problems. IOW don't use the common sense God gave you, cause that just shows a lack of trust."

How close did I come BW??:BangHead::tonofbricks:

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Although there are areas in which we are guided by God without having knowledge..... I think God holds us responsible for when we say 'I know thus and so' but then fail to put knowledge into use.

The Bible says that if the master of the house had known when the thief would come, he would have held a watch and waited to stop the thief. We live by faith and not by sight: We do not know the future, nor the happenings of the passage of every moment to the next. We trust God and have faith that he loves us and all things happen for our good. Nevertheless, we take heed when the alarm sounds, knowing that the alarm sounds for a purpose..... a purpose to which we are already prepared to respond, and, having been shod with preparation we act in faith, doing that which we know and trusting God's guidance to help us in that which was unforeseen. We trust God and have faith that he loves us and will never leave us nor forsake us and will work all things for our good.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Curious about how people choose the subjects to trust God for and the subjects you trust horses and chariots for. In other threads some trust God to elect McCain but don't trust God to protect this country against the Taliban and other assorted bad guys. So we have a god of election fixing but not a god of war fixing?

7. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I'm still no following you. Are you suggesting that Romans 13 does not teach us that God has ordained civil authority (i.e. government) to bear the sword (meaning punish evil via capital punishment and maintain an army for national defense)? If so, what are we supposed to do, just sit by and watch, pray, and hope as the current ruler of this world and his evil followers run rampant? Are you saying that you do not believe that God wants to use His people to make a difference in the world?