1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How dangerous is ISIS?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 22, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And buried with a slab of pork ribs :thumbs:

2. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They didn't spring up out of the blue. We created them. You know all those Syrians that we armed to fight Assad? Well, that's ISIS. Recognize anybody below? It's John McCain, and ISIS members, having a good ol' time.

[​IMG]

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, they are hordes of sinners following the dictates of false god Allah, as they are really doing the work of their master Satan!

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I disagree in the strongest possible way your implication that we should just disengage simply because we are not omniscient.

To whom much is given much is required.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RINOs and Demoncrats are both of them responsible for ISIS. This group has been in existence, the intelligence services knew about them, but they were kept secret to the American public.
    Can anyone remember if there had been mention of any ISIS or at least a disorganized, as yet, plan to form a Caliphate, before the first news hit, whenever it was (I don't recall) ?
    And guess what the main objective is ?
    Give Obama a shot at a third term.
    Anyways, that's how I think it is.
    Because, now, you have Obama as a wartime president, as somebody observed, and, I think, Americans don't like changing "captains" in the middle of a storm.

6. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a wordy way of saying something that I never said, I'll give you that much. :thumbsup:

We should have never been over there in the first place. It's none of our business. We are making things worse. But no just pulling out creates power vacuums, which is how these guys are able to run amok.

7. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We were more into the war business with Bush and there was no talk of a third term.

8. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. quantumfaith

Why do you say we should never have been there in the first place? Perhaps you knew then more than any of the leaders of the nation at that time? Perhaps there are still things that YOU do not know?

Being a mathematician I should have remembered to simplify.

10. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wars should be fought in a swift and violent manner. You do what you came to do and you get out. You don't set up shop and stay there for well over a decade, until some pompous idiot with a jacked up worldview decides to yank us out, creating a power vacuum. This should have never been allowed to happen.

Is that supposed to impress or imply that your logic is superior? I could care less what you are, especially if you're going to bring it up in ways that only make you appear to be passive-aggressive.

11. quantumfaith

There is one point we agree...the nature of war. As for leaving the minute is over....No. I point to the success of the rebuilding or Europe and Japan following WWII

And no I do not think myself superior to anyone.

12. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the rebuilding of European and Japanese nations are totally comparable to Iraq and Afghanistan when it comes to technology and culture. Just plug in the same formula and it should work everywhere! That is incredibly simplistic and naive.

13. quantumfaith

In analogic principle....it is not. True, my guess your naive jab is due to differences in culture. As long as that part of the world is a hotbed of terrorist enemies it makes wonderful sense to just abandon and let them plan, prepare and carry out international terrorism. This from the region of the world that give us algebra and much advanced mathematics.......the ones applying their knowledge to develop undetectable explosive... You call me simplistic and naive?

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly are you trying to insinuate my position on Iraq? I've trudged through that place and spent years of my life there. Calling me naive is pretty eyebrow raising.

15. quantumfaith

Thank you for your service. I was however returning the favor that you first granted to me.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooookay so why don't you kindly point out what exactly it is I am being naive about.

17. quantumfaith

Not going to continue the direction of this conversation.

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I figured as much. (Math joke, HA!)

#38 Use of Time, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe because Bush had no desire to impose the "fundamental" changes on America that Obama is having somewhat of a hard time imposing ? Like, abolishing traditionally recognized institutions, or diminishing the respect we have for authority, or those who serve and served this country, like "hey,yo,dawg, I'm the top honcho for this here grunt so he MUST salute me but me, dawg ? I'ma keep holding my cup and wave it at his grunt mug, y'know wha' am a say'n,dawg??".

#39 pinoybaptist, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  20. quantumfaith

If you are going to do a math joke, do a real one like:

Q: Why did the chicken cross the mobius strip?