1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Dare You....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Mar 14, 2007.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

ittutut,

honestly, sometimes you can divide the Bible up so much that you can no longer put the pieces back together in any coherent theology. I fear this is much of your problem in many areas that Ive seen you post on. You seem to pick out words and tiny phrases and hang entire doctrines on matching up those key words of yours. That's not very good Bible study, and it could explain why most Baptists confuse you.

Frankly, I try, and Im more than willing to keep trying, but you tend to confuse me, too. :)

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    bapmom, don't feel bad, ittutut confuses me too, and I have an MA in Biblical Studies! :laugh:

His theology (correct me if I am wrong, ittutut) follows men like E.W. Bullinger, Cornelius Stam, J.C. O’Hair. It is often called ultra-dispensationalism or hyper-dispensationalism. It teaches there are two Gospels, a Kingdom Gospel and Paul's Gospel. The Gospels are not for us, according to this teaching--a very sad teaching, in my view. You can read rebuttals in John R. Rice's books, Twelve Tremendous Themes (ch. 5) or False Doctrines. :type:

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Thank you for the explanation Brother John of Japan! I need to get more of Dr. Rice's books, I can see.......!

#183 bapmom, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

ooops double post

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

No, they need to hear the word of God as it is not in a truncated form. Samuel and John the Baptist needed no Sunday school. It is the Holy Spirit that teaches and children deserve to hear the word of God not a paraphrase of it.

Smaller bits would suit me though. :)

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this. I will try to read and respond at a later date.

tinytim: What is the purpose of the church? I believe it is to build up the Church members in faith.

john.

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Samuel and John the Baptist! You have got to be kidding me! When Samuel heard God's voice, what did Eli say? Did he give him a two hour discourse on "Responding to the voice of God"? or did he just say, "sit up and listen......"? I know when Im teaching kids I say "Sit up and listen" all the time. :tonofbricks:

Also, what makes you think that Sunday Schools don't use the word of God? SS is in addition to the preaching - not instead of the preaching. If anything it offers MORE solid Bible teaching than kids used to get, since it adds an entire hour of Bible study each week.