1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How did Repubs "mess up" Obamacare?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Oct 20, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yeah, and I'm ...

[​IMG]

Huh-huh-huh-HAH-huh! hehehehehehehehe

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm sure in your constant moments of unending anger about something your President did that your face is no doubt much redder than poor lil Woody's. :laugh:

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

One, he's not "my president" because I didn't vote for him, either time. So I have the right to criticize, even belittle and antagonize if I so desire.

Second, I don't get mad. I post. Much to your chagrin.

4. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republicans refused to participate in the health care debate and have done everything they can to prevent the poor and those with pre-existing conditions from obtaining health insurance. They ignore the experience of RomneyCare in MA which to my knowledge has been successful.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romney care has been a failure

http://www.cato.org/policy-report/januaryfebruary-2008/lessons-fall-romneycare

And it is false that anyone has worked to stop anyone from getting anything. The problem with extreme far left liberals like yourself is you pretend, with much intellectual dishonesty, that if it is not done your way then it cannot be done .

Maybe you should try to be a bit more honest.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

One, you didn't have to vote for him in order for him to be your President.

You can deny it all you want. but he's the one that God allowed to be placed in authority so he's YOUR President if you are a United States citizen.
    Second, much to my chagrin, you STAY mad and that much is obvious. Too bad you've convinced yourself that you're not. Guess it helps you play the Godly role.

But we all know that you just pray all the time for the one God has placed in authority over you as your President that you don't accept as your President.

Anger can make you disobedient even when you've convinced yourself that you're not being disobedient.

So the person who resists such authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will incur judgment Rom. 13:2

Might explain why those who feel as you keep getting more of what they don't want as they all continue in this sin and try to justify it as some sort of righteousness.

Didn't vote for him so he's not your President. Hilarious.:laugh:

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW.

If I just read this correctly, FTW said that the Republicans didn't participate in the health care debate; and thus, implies that Republicans didn't contribute to the ACA.

I'm pretty sure I must be reading it wrong, because remember on page 1 where I quoted: "The final product was seriously flawed by the Republicans' changes"? Would it surprise anyone that FTW was the one I was quoting?

Would it surprise anyone that twice before this, FTW has parroted the liberal line that the ACA is just like Romneycare, and no one's complaining about that; but both times, I referenced for FTW that Massachusetts officials have projected the rising state costs of Romneycare will constitute up to 50% of the state budget by 2020; but FTW continues to ignore that and continues to spout the party line that no one's complaining about Romneycare.

I still see no supporters of the ACA providing the parts that the Republicans changed and made it seriously flawed. I'm more than willing to review any provided inputs; and as I've done on this board before, provide a public apology if shown the proof.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don, I think that the Democrats are saying by refusing to vote for Obamacare the Republicans wanted it to fail. Therefore, the Democrats are saying, when little problems occur such as $600.000.000 for a website that doesn't work, part of the blame goes to the Republicans. In conclusion, although Obama is the greatest Democrat ever, he is hampered because he has opposition. That explains why it is so necessary to take time from governing and stay in campaign mode.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a difference between not voting for something and making changes to something. I agree the republicans didn't want the ACA and exercised their right to not vote for it; how did that change the ACA and cause it to be seriously flawed?

If someone makes a claim, they have a responsibility to support that claim. I don't agree with everything Rev or Jedi post; but they provide support for their posts that can be discussed. When I refute what certain posters have stated, I provide sources to support my statements. Inability to provide the same support tends to mean that an opinion isn't based on fact; and when shown the support for an opposing viewpoint, allegedly intellectual adults would normally be expected to re-evaluate their position and sometimes do the hard thing: change it.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure yet, but I am beginning to believe the biggest problem that may lead to failure of the ACA is one that so far is not being talked about. I do believe everyone is looking in the wrong direction to see why it may fail. I heard a very worrisome comment recently.

But I need to do more research and thinking before defining it.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm intrigued. Please let us know; maybe we can do some research as well.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    4 pages now; since this thread started, several posts by ACA supporters (or, in some cases, those that simply like to argue against the rest of us (Zaac?)); including postings by the person whose quote caused me to start this thread....

And still no ACA supporters providing evidence of the Republicans changing the ACA and causing it to become flawed.

In fact, we have one original ACA supporter who's coming to realize that the ACA isn't going to be the cure-all it was touted to be....

If I were on Mythbusters, I'd probably have to call this one "busted."

Too bad the individual who originated the quote doesn't have the intellectual honesty to apologize for his/her over-inflated hyperbole.

#32 Don, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013