1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How do Catholics obey Jesus concerning Matthew 23:9?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jul 11, 2012.

1. targus

targus New Member

Really?

Show one single post of mine where I have ever said anything even remotely like that.

What you have posted is a LIE.

And there you go again making up new, unique and bizzare meanings for words.

Where has any other human in the history of the human race said what you are saying?

Again, is THIS how you evangelize?

Shouldn't you have thought about that before telling a lie about me? :laugh:

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Do not stand up for Catholics then, because that is what they do believe.

Another accuser here, there sure is an active spirit which many share here.

Tell me, could it be I just believed something about you because of your actions, and you might have a responsibility in it too? Does it have to be, “What you have posted is a LIE”? Could it not be an honest mistake? Maybe you are the liar and troublemaker, pretending not to be a Catholic, but standing up for them and using their language about transubstantiation.

Go tell that to your Catholic friends who got the word transubstantiation.

This is good-bye, targus. Maybe we can discuss more again when you learn to stop personally attacking.

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

He probably thinks you're interchangeable. :)

4. targus

targus New Member

When you make up complete fabrications about my posts I am going to call it what it is.

And how funny that you now try to turn it on it's head and call me an accuser. :laugh:

Anyone here can read what you have written and plainly see that you are in the wrong.

Ooppps.... there you go again.

Falsely accusing me of saying something that I never even came remotely close to saying.

Perhaps you would do best to drop out of this discussion while you simply look foolish...

Because you aren't making it any better for yourself. :laugh:

5. pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen New Member

I was a former RCC.. you can ask me any questions..... and this is not to bash Catholics but we are just correcting their false beliefs... take it from me.. been there done that as they say....

My family and relatives are strict/devout Catholics

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Zenas, your skills of interpretation are no better than Moriah's. Look at his audiance. They were people who interpreted the scriptures much like both of you do. They interpreted the law and its violation from a merely EXTERNAL point of view. Jesus said of them they were likened unto whited seplechures and clean cups on the OUTSIDE. This analogy is the perfect response to that kind of mentality. Those who define sin only EXTERNALLY are completely repudiated by this analogy. If sin is merely what a person does EXTERNALLY then take care of the EXTERNAL instrument which commits the sin. However, just a little thought will reveal that after you have poked out both eyes, cut off all limbs the problem of sin is not EXTERNAL but as Jesus taught his disciples it is derived from "the heart" (Mt. 15).

Again look at the context and unto whom Christ is making this comparison? It is the Pharisees who again are all about EXTERNAL's who make a point of praying openly and publicly for EXTERNAL show. It is in response to the PUBLIC SHOW that Jesus is responding to. So yes, in comparison to the PUBLIC SHOW by Pharisees, one should not literally pray AS SUCH or AS DESCRIBED or AS ILLUSTRATED by the Pharisees.

Look at the language and it is obvious that Jesus is not speaking literally as it is impossible to crucify yourself much less crucify yourself "daily" because if you could crucify yourself even once you would be dead.

Your mixing apples with oranges. Some of these are to be understood literally while others are not. The immediate context for some of these commands DENY they can be understood literally as you suggest.

However, the context for denying anyone to address you as "Father" is one of literal ADDRESS in regard to giving them honor in a context of a SPIRITUAL and religious relationship. It is not one of PHYSICAL relationship and address. It is not one of metaphorical instrumentality but of literal address in regard to a SPIRITUAL epitaph. Paul never called upon his follows to ADDRESS him literally as "father."

When you call a person "father" who is not you physical father but is a RELIGIOUS and SPIRITUAL ADDRESS or TITLE you are usurping the honor and respect that belongs only to The Father in heaven.

Roman Catholic advocates mishandle the scriptures and it is through their mishandling of scriptures that their Roman Catholic doctrines are sustained. If they objectively handled the scriptures the Roman Catholic dogma's would be seen for what they really are - doctrines of demons.

#66 The Biblicist, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

That spirit has all kind of control over you. You cannot stop yourself nor see.
    Since you cannot stop yourself nor see, there is a chance you will be back with more of the same worthless discussion about you and your opinions about me.
    This is a debate group on different doctrines. This thread is about how the Catholics obey Jesus in call no man ‘father’.
    Can you try harder not to reply about you personally and what you personally think of me? Who cares what you think of me?

8. targus

targus New Member

Pointing out that you have posted complete fabrications about what I have said is not "worthless discussion".

And is not "opinions" about you.

You have given false witness publicly and I am admonishing you for it.

Then you would have done better to stick with that rather than making false accusations about me and my beliefs.

Pretty simple don't you think?

This is funny since it is you that took us off topic to make personal accusations about me. :laugh:

Seriously is this how you evangelize when the person you are talking to questions what you are saying? :laugh:

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I was a former Traditional Roman Catholic, as all my ancestors, very strict. Glad to have you in part of the conversation. See if you can agree with me about being a Catholic and not being able to obey Jesus’ command to call no man ‘father’.

The steps from the Catholics are usually to dodge the question, then deny it, then actually fight against the Word of God.

They dodge the question by trying not to think of it and do not even answer the question; then when pressed, they deny it saying no one can obey it; and then finally, they go against Jesus and say he did not mean it.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You just cannot stop yourself. Who cares what you think of me personally? What do you not get about not being abusive with your mind and heart? I see you have no control over your thoughts and feelings, but can you force your fingers not to type such worthless garbage?

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Can't read very well either can you? I didn't say anything about your PERSON but about your METHOD of interpretation.

your skills of interpretation are no better than Moriah's

Learn to read better and stop attempting to adopt a martydom personality.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What do you not get? Who cares what you think personally of my skills? Your opinion of me, my skills, or anything else is nothing. Again, debate doctrine, not what you think of me.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Just read in this little post, this little post that says nothing about the OP, but says all this about your opinion of me personally: You think I cannot read well; You do not like my method of interpretation; You think Zena’s skills are no better than mine; You think I need to learn to read better; You think I have adopted a martyrdom personality.
    What do you not get about keeping your abusive personal opinions to yourself?

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Your "skills of interpretation" determined your doctrine, your debating methods, your understanding of truth!

You read my words like you read the Bible - misinterpret both.

When your interpretational methods are scrutinized you yelp personal attack and claim a martydom complex.

Debating with someone who simply dismisses the contextual evidence, changes the words to suit their own belly is like talking to a wall. Hence, just condemning and exposing your ignorance is the only rational thing to do.

Your doctrine is not one whit difference to Roman Catholicism's doctrine of savlation WHEN IT COMES TO THE BOTTOM LINE - works for salvation, except Roman Catholicism is far more consistent than your views.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Sounds like you described yourself well.

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I think many will agree that you are the one that fits this description better than anyone else on this forum. I have never engaged a person with such a confused and irrational mind as you possess.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

18. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

:thumbs::thumbs:

19. targus

targus New Member

That is an understatement to say the least.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What is that based on? A difference of opinion does not rise to the level of misinterpreting Scripture. Misinterpreting Scripture is misinterpreting Scripture.

#80 saturneptune, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012