1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Do KJVO Know that God used english as the language To perserve His word in?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Yeshua1, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Yes....some persons do...only, no-one you know, and no one on this board either.

So what then, is the purpose? To battle demons who don't haunt this website?

They're dead...all of them.

Here's my question to you:
    Of all these horrific beings who hold such preposterous notions you loathe so much:

Please Name THREE............
    I await your response.

Here's what I DO know about the denizens of Baptist Board...many would rather eradicate decent and peaceable men like poor Greg Perry who simply loves and believes his KJV than would desire to remove Fred Phelps from Baptist Church-dom.

I'll take a KJVO before I'll take a Fred Phelps any day...and your obsession is always with KJV's. I think you need to examine your hearts.

2. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

What I think is absolutely rib shattering funny is that nobody that has slapped all of the KJVO bias on me has ever stopped to think, that since Hebrew is my native language, and I have stated over and over again that I was raised on the Masoretic Text, am I really KJVO? I guess fools can't tell when someone is claiming that the KJV is the inspired version IN ENGLISH (and of course, I would argue that for all other languages that faithfully followed the KJV into their language) even when it's coming from someone of whom English is a SECOND language.

If you follow some of the other "Bible Version" threads, you'll see others arguing about the ESV, NIV, NET etc.. who are NOT KJVO, so not only are they not KJVO, they can't even rightly claim to be Bible Of Any Version Only.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Correct, almost everyone who is not KJVO believes that all versions of the scriptures are full of errors.

I think this is what really irks them, that KJVO folks have faith and confidence in the scriptures that they don't have. I think this pricks them deep down inside and they can't stand it. They are full of fear and doubt, and they want everybody else to be that way too.

4. Inspector Javert

Yes....it astounds me that no one QUITE gets that (strictly speaking)....you don't have a dog in this fight at all.

The KJV could COMPLETELY cease to exist, and it wouldn't matter a fig to you, since you don't exactly need it in the slightest to read God's Word.

No....I honestly don't think they've listened to you enough to realize that.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Off topic post

#25 Winman, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Is Greek also your native language? The debate over versions really centers mostly around the NT texts. In that regard, you are KJVO. And yes, there are errors in the KJ version of the NT.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/otherlanguages.asp

So the question is not "Shall we translate the Bible from English into other languages?" The question is "Which Bible shall we use to translate God's words into the various languages of the world?" I know the King James Bible is God's preserved words in English. So my choice is made. May God help the translators of the world to use God's words, and not a perversion that will only bring them into judgment before our Almighty God.

8. Inspector Javert

#28 Inspector Javert, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  9. Winman

Winman Active Member

You only showed part of the argument there, show the whole argument;

I am not a fan of Chick Publications, but this writer makes a valid point. Scripture is being translated from the NIV all over the world. Where is the big protest? Shouldn't you anti KJVO folks insist that all translations be made from the original Hebrew and Greek texts? Of course, the next question would be, "Which one?"

People get all bent out of shape when the KJB is translated into another language, but they are fine when one of the MVs is used.

10. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Jovert made an observation that is to me one of the most logical and brutal critiques of the anti KVJO position that in nearly 30 years of studying manuscripts I never thought of. If the KJVO critics are CERTAIN that the KJV is full of "errors", then there must be an absolute standard in which to compare such errors to. But yet these same critics also criticize the underlying texts of the KJV and frankly ALL modern versions and claim that there are no absolute reliable manuscripts that are perfectly preserved without error. If therefore there is no certainty about the underlying manuscripts, it is illogical and self-defeating to claim for certain that there are errors in the KJV.

No of course the critics will throw that right back in our faces by claiming that works both ways. Actually, no it doesn't, because we don't begin with the premise that there are mistakes. Yes, there is an element of faith involved, but isn't that what is required of believers in the first place? How many here have actually SEEN ANY manuscripts? Not pictures of them, not what someone wrote about them, but actually SEEN THE REAL THING? When the KJV translators were faced with the issue of 1 John 2:23, they did not have that verse in any of their manuscripts, but included it in italics. The verse was later found in it's entirety and validated the usage of the translators rendering. James White criticizes the lack of Greek evidence for Revelation 15:3 before it was included in Stephanus and Beza's Greek texts. Yet several early church writers quoted "King of saints" (Victorinus-Pettau, AD 270, Tyconius AD 370, Apringius 6th Century, Cassiodorus AD 485) so OBVIOUSLY there were Greek and Latin texts that support this before Stephanus, Erasmus or Beza's texts were made.

KJV critics are no different than the atheists who tell you to PROVE the existence of God by the rules of science that prevent any kind of evidence that would hint at faith to believe it. The Creationist does not rely on blind faith to believe in the existence of God anymore than a KJV believer does in the assurance that the KJV is the perfectly preserved word of God. It is the KJV critic that lacks any assurance that there is ANY absolute standard in ANY language, and the KJV critics that uses "false balances and divers measures" to slander the Bible based on humanistic forms of textual criticism developed by Catholic humanistic Mary worshiping heretics that sought (and continue to seek) the destruction of faith in ANY Bible that is not conveyed to them through the authority of the papacy.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread was built on a false premise and has already degenerated into personal attacks and questioning of others salvation/spirituality.

Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.