1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you deal with a Teenage Loner

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Petra-O IX, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

Actually, I'm very glad that I came across this topic here. The interesting thing about this is that I, myself am going through the same thing that that 'little shy boy' is going through. I broke my shell however, as far as staying in the adult sunday school classes. I now go to the youth sunday school class that I grew up in, but I still HAVE a lot of work to do w/in myself and let me tell you: its not easy at all. In fact, it is very very difficult and heart breaking for me. See, its a long story but I stopped going to Church cold turkey years ago b/c of several reasons, mostly being that I lost my best friend from Childhood in that Church, she no longer wanted anything to do w me, and she is all i ever knew as far as friendships in that Church. I was stuck to her like glue ever since I was 7 until the age of like 16. Then when she came to me and told me that she doesnt want to be my friend anymore b/c we simply dont have anything in 'common' it literally broke me in so many pieces, more than you can ever imagine. After that, I stopped going to Church because I was so depressed and lonely and hurt by her and what she did to me. People kept on constantly telling me that I go to Church for God and to worship him and NOT b/c of friendships, etc. But it just hurt me so so bad inside what she did and thats all I could really see at that point. Well, temptations grew stronger and stronger and I just find it so very hard to get myself up on a Sunday morning and go to Church. Its like the evil one has me right where he wants me: at home on Sundays and I ha vent had any type of fellowship at all w/ my Church youth, etc. and thats a really bad thing. I have become so depressed. And even when I do go to Church at least twice a month or so, (to this same church, by the way), people barely even speak to me and that depresses me even more. I find it unbelievable how Christian people and Church people can just find it so easy to not speak to me after me not coming to years. I mean isnt it supposed to be the other way around: if a member of the Church, doesnt come for so long, they call them and show them support and Christian Godly Love? Thats not the case here w/ them and thats one of the reasons that makes me not wanna go back there even more. I should go to another church. Maybe I'd find what I'm looking for there? But, temptation is so strong that sometimes i just end up going nowhere but staying home all to myself. Its really sad. Im already depressed as it is. Please dont think I'm crazy or loony. I just really need some prayers, badly. Badly. I dont know what to do anymore. Honestly, I dont :(

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

My prayers are with you, Lilac...

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What he said Lilac.A discussion board has its limitations -- but the Lord can still do mighty things through the prayers of His people. You now have a community of believers who care about you. We're not there in your town, but we are just as real as the citizens in your area.

4. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

aww :) thank you so much all of you! I soo appreciate that. I wish you also were closer to me b/c i could SO really use a big group hug right now, you have no idea :( :jesus: ​

5. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

It just REALLY REALLY hurts and i feel so alone at times. I really wish that God could just be walking the earth like he did thousands of years ago, and just knock on my door and take my hand and comfort me like he did w/ so many others in his day on earth :( does anyone else ever wish for that, as well?

6. Kate1104

Kate1104 New Member

:1_grouphug: Here's a big hug for you, Lilac; wish I could deliver it in person. I have prayed for God to meet your needs.

7. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

:flower: LIlac God loves you and knows what you need. Call upon Jesus for He said I will never leave you or forsake you. HIs promises hold true. God be with you
    Faithgirl