1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you difine the difference between church &Club

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by g'day mate, Nov 25, 2002.

1. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

I had the privilege to enjoy a sermon of a Pastor
    Who explained to us the difference scripturally between a Church and a club.Do you wish to offer your opinion .
    John :cool:

2. dan53

dan53 New Member

Let me jump in here and show my ignorance ! [​IMG]

The difference in my mind and I believe scripture will back it up is this :

A club is an Organization of a group of people/s that have met for a single cause or purpose.

A church (local assembly of born again believers) is part of the universal church : the Bride of Christ ! In it's very nature the church is a living organism which produces and changes as it grows !

I have yet to see a club have the impact on peoples lives like a church that is following God and doing His Kingdom work ! Service clubs are just that service .... A church is involved in Ministry (good works prefaced by telling all the Good News of Jesus Christ) Anyone can do good works but only Believers can do true ministry !

Jesus Christ did say "On this rock I will build my club!" He did say "On this rock I will build my Church !" Remember; we "called out " by God not a man or organization !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Yes Dan53 I can agree with that,Please permit me to ask you this.what roll does the Church need to play within the community?
    John [​IMG]

4. dan53

dan53 New Member

The Church needs to set the standard. For too long the world has been "in" the church.... it is time for the church to be "in" the world !! It is always better to be proactive then reactive !!
    My humble opinion [​IMG]

If the church was a reflection of what it was in the early first century; what do you think would be the results on our society today. Granted, there will still be the blantant sinfullness that we see everyday but I truly believe more people would come to Christ !

5. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

dan53 yes like that, very powerful words and I agree.And the Church needs to be a witness,locally,nationally,and internationally.And if it fails to do these things,how would you react to that?
    John

6. wjrighter

wjrighter New Member

a club is where people go to meet people'
    a church is where people should see Jesus'
    [​IMG] JN.12:21 - sir,we would see Jesus.

7. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

I believe that man's primary reason for being put here on earth is to glorify God.And the church to bare witness unto Christ.And when we fail to do this, we fail God.Please tell me am I right or wrong?
    John