1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you examine yourself?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What's your point?

Paul was the perfect Jew. He was a Jew both outwardly and inwardly, yet he considered it garbage, because none of it could come close to the righteousness which is in Christ.

2. I came here to set the record straight and hope I am wrong in my assumptions. My father is Brother Bob and has been falsely accused. This is a man who has taught me to go the extra mile to do what is right in the eyes of God. He is loved and respected by all who know him and has dedicated his life to the Lord. To accuse him of lying and of registering on this site under a false identity is ludicrous as well as demonic. However, my husband did register on this site because remarks posted about my dad angered him. We know now we should have never responded to such childish behavior.

The very foundation of this country is freedom of religion. Apparently this site has issues with that freedom. We blame others for the downfall of our nation and have become a society of finger-pointers. Maybe if we wagged that finger in our own faces this would be a much better world.

You should be ashamed. It says in Mark 9:42 “And whoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.”

I wouldn’t go deep-sea fishing any time soon if I were you.

You can only pray you are as prepared as my dad when this life comes to an end.
    By the way, my name is Pamela Scott Johnson. I am not hiding behind a screen name or a computer sitting in judgment of others. I have one judge, as do you.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi Pam, good to have you :love2:

Did you notice how you did the exact things to us you have just complained about ?

Maybe your husband should have been as transparent as you just were. He did kinda sneak on didn't he? Just to defend BrotherBob? Not exactly forth coming.

God Bless!

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Is that your response to a completly false allegation against a man of God?? How about a response from the one that gave Steaver his false information?

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pam, I don't know why your father was banned. I guess only he and the administration knows that. But i must say that he was one of the least humble posters I ever debated with. And he had a terrible habit of taking a poster's words and twisting them into his own interpretations. Even when asked to stop, he would not.

I pray he is well and the Lord blesses him richly :praying:

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, that was a response to Pam.

:jesus:

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The strange part is, BrotherBob's home is in Kentucky, as shows Pam's. But Pam's husband's post showed West Virginia as home. yet his computer address was the same as BrotherBob's.

Someone was being decietful.

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If I was you I would go see a doctor, and then onward to confession.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nobody ever said anything to me. How would I know? Did I ban him?

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: You are being pathetic.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you have something, bring it forth, don't just call out names. I am a big boy, lay it on the board.

:wavey:

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Sure Steaver, and Clinton did not have ___ with that girl.

If you are a big boy, then apologize to Brother Bob and this list for your false allegations. You made them openly, so clear them up openly.

13. While I owe you no explanation, I will say my husband used my father’s PC when we were house setting. I sincerely doubt I will ever post on this site again. I appreciate the fact that steaver does not represent the majority but I do not appreciate the “someone was being deceitful” remark. While you do not have the guts to actually call me or a member of my family a liar, you do play with words and insinuate the accusation.
    You also posted that my father was one of the “least humble posters” you ever debated with. How is it you would have him act? My dad is very knowledgeable of the Bible and loves to debate with other beliefs that differ from his. It doesn’t mean he will believe any different nor does it mean the other will either. Anyone who has received emails or posts online know things written can be taken in a tone one is probably not actually using. A “debate” is very close to an argument. I can assure you that while my father has strong feelings about his religious beliefs, he holds no ill-will towards you for yours. But he is not shy and will definitely share his opinion. It is sad you never took the time to find out what kind of person he really is.
    He has always told me to “make it as sure as you can” and that is how he has lived his life. That statement sums up my father.
    Unless you know all the facts, you should not jump to conclusions. I am so thankful you will not pass final judgment upon me. “Judge not, lest ye be judged.”
    As far as my husband "sneaking on"...he just signed up to post....much like you are doing.
    I do want to say thank you to heavenly pilgrim.

#73 PreachersDaughter, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Personally, I would note that I seem to see far more individuals who are more interested in examining others, than in examining themselves.

Strange thing is, I do not see a single verse that says we are to examine another, anywhere in Scripture, at least not in my Bible. Did I miss the verse that says this, somewhere??

Ed

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Yeap! It must be in there some where?.......

But I've never seen it!

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you came to set the record straight, then do so. Explain away.

Is your husband a pastor? Does he live in west virginia? Explain if you want to clear up why folks think there was something fishy going on?

:jesus:

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One cannot get any surer about one's salvation than Jesus Christ in you. Spirit testifies wiith spirit that we are the children of God (Ro 8) .

Good works won't make it any surer, even the lost can do good works.
    Obedience to the law won't make it any surer, even the lost can obey the law.
    Jesus Christ alone is our assurance of salvation. Now if anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His, but the Spirit will testify with spirit to those who are the children of God.

The word of God tells us to make our calling and election sure (2 Pt) . The word "sure" here is the Greek "bebaios" which means "stable".

Some take this verse and misuse it to mean ""ginosko" or "eido" which means "to know". We know with absolute assurance we are saved because of the Spirit He gave us. There is no other way to know.

Peter gives a big list of things we are to do to make our election "stable" so we will not "stumble" through our lives being unprofitable for Christ.

"For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." (2Pt 1:11) We can enter with little to show for our lives in Christ or we can enter abundantly for Christ! Either way we enter, don't forget we have been purged (vs 9).

God bless!

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: How does He do that? Do you hear the ‘absolute’ audible voice of God, an 'absolute' impression (whatever that may be) or what? Eve thought she heard the truth but was deceived.

So one says he has the Spirit’s witness but lives a life inconsistent with it. Will what one believes to be the Spirit’s witness save one if in fact their life is lived in direct contradiction to the admonitions of Scripture concerning the tests to see if one is of the faith? This reminds me of one that claims to have faith but has no works. Will faith alone save a man? Not according to the Word of God. Faith without works is dead, and dead faith will save no one.

I would say that consistent with James, that if one says he has the witness of the Spirit but lives a life inconstant with God’s Word, such a one is deceived as to the witness. Such a one would do well to try the spirits. How might one go about that Steaver?

The truth is that the worst sinner can read about the Spirit’s witness and even believe he has that for himself, yet in the end find out that they were simply deceived. “Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?” Certainly they thought they were right with God and had the witness of the Spirit, but they were deceived. How can one test the spirits to see if in fact the spirit they are believing is in fact God’s Holy Spirit, and that it does in fact testify to them of a right standing before God?

Here would be an 'absolute' Scriptural guide to follow. If one is doing these things claiming to have the Spirit, such a one is simply deceived as to their standing according to Scripture and will not be making heaven their eternal abode. 1Co 6:9 ¶ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,” …and another “Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” The Spirit is speaking ‘absolutely’ in these verse. One can read them and be 'absolutely' certain without the possibility of deception they are hearing from the Absolute Spirit of God.

Does anyone on the list desire an 'absolute' Word from the Lord? You just heard it. Are we listening? (I am referring to the Scriptures quoted)

#78 Heavenly Pilgrim, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  19. You have once again taken the statement out of context. "Make it as sure as you can" means to me to conduct myself in a way that God wants me to. It merely means to travel life's road to heaven "as sure as you can."

That quote has remained with me my entire life and is very special to me. Please don't make it any more that what it is. It was a father advising a daugter that while living life "make it a sure as you can." That is something I will pass to my children and grandchildren.
    We shall all stumble or fall....the test of true chacacter is how one respodes.

20. The "fishy" accusation is a petty one and a pathetic reach to dishonor a man who has spent his life serving God and leading others to salvation.
    My husband is a psychologist with a very calm temper and it is surprising to me that he became involved with this nonsense. He knows the type of man my father is and made the mistake of getting involvd.
    He is not a pastor althouh he does know the Bible. As far as Ky, WV and fish...think what you want. I doubt anything I say will change a mind already made up and am frankly not inclided to do so. Act as you are. And don't use this board as a learning tool with friendly debates. Use it to judge others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.