1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you know its Mary?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by music4Him, Apr 25, 2005.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Seems there is precedence for defiling idolatrous images.

2. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Amen Jim!!

[​IMG]

Peace,

Tam

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Are we to worry what society thinks or do we try to do what the bible teaches us? I for one am surprized that there was no one else there trying to tell the people about Jesus? (or if so the media conveiently forgot to report it) I don't know if it was being worshiped for cetian, but I know biblically thats wrong. What would you suggest the young man to do? Let it go and not warn the people and let them follow a path to distruction?

You said that the mans tactics was flat out wrong, evil, and sinful??? Well what about idol worship? Isn't it flat out wrong, evil, and sinful. BTW, how do you know it was all Catholics? I can just about believe that some people who were there looking at the stain were either not strong in the Lord or as well read in bible as others to see the error, it could have been people that are from differnt denominations (possibley "Holiday pew fillers"), who showed up because something is missing in their church or in their lives. Can you take a guess as to who that is?

I see what the young man did as right in the sight of the Lord....society's veiw makes it wrong. I see that praying in school is right in the sight of the Lord....society made it wrong. I see that displaying the Ten Commandments as right in the sight of the Lord....society is trying to make it wrong. Are you seeing where all this is going? After reading Tam's & Jim's post above (thank you Tam & Jim [​IMG] ) I think more Christians should wake up and stand up for the Lord. Also, if the man is a Christian and if this stain thing goes to trial, what standards of the law do you think this young man is going to be tried by? Man's or God's law? Do you think that anyone will take into account his bibcal beliefs as to where he is justfied for doing what he did? (I for one am glad he didn't blow up the bridge and or ground it to powder like Jim showed how some did in the OT. :eek: )
    But atleast, whether his actions were "right or wrong", he was convicted and tried to do something and hopefully kept others from being decieved with a false doctrine! [​IMG]

Stand up, stand up for Jesus!
    Music4Him

4. chadman

chadman New Member

It is always a sin to do evil that good may come.
    Typical that we justify it.

Of course you do. Just like Christians did in the Crusades and Inquisitions, and USA witch burnings, and clinic bombings, and on and on...

Ahhh, and here we go with a no win situation. Well, what about this and that, and everything else? Sorry, you cannot justify evil, for the sake of good here.

What about adult book stores? Do you see Christian zealots out burning them down and defacing them to save people? No. We only really want to do that to other Christians that disagree with us, or intimidate us by praying while looking at an inantimate object. Now that is worth defacing.

If the young man cared in his heart about saving souls, he would have had an audience there for a LONG time to witness the Gospel to. That was not his intention. His intention was punish people for believing something he doesn't believe.

No, no. Society never deemed prayer is shcool as a moral wrong. Society creates LAWS. It is not a moral law, it is a law of public order. There is a big difference.

Nobody stopped this guy from practicing his faith. He obviously refused to share his faith or save anybody, but rather, just destroy an alternative religious understanding others may have.

You don't try to save the world by taking away every object of temptation, that is ludicrous.

I cannot beleive Christians condone this type of behaviour. Well, at least Evangelical Christians.

Are we now obligated to go burn down all Catholic places of worship because we think people are being led astray? There are a multitude more people in RCC Churches praying to Mary and statues than there were at the bridge.

Will one person here DARE back up their words and go forth and do it? No, because you guys know it is wrong.

How about tell that crowd or people at that crowd about Jesus and how they may be saved? What a great audience to share Jesus with right?

5. chadman

chadman New Member

Your statement belongs in a bad western movie.

There is also a 'precedence' in the Old Testament for stoning adulters. We also read in the Old Testament of the killing of every living creature, men, women, and children, even the animals, of entire races of poeple who are not of God when the Isrealites crossed into the Promised Land. There is a precedence for plucking out eyes if your gets plucked out. An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. A presedence for Genocide.

Brother, we are not in the Old Testament.

6. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

It would have been better if he'd have taken a bucket of soapy water and a brush and scrubbed the stain off the wall, rather than adding graffiti.

I really don't understand why the highway department didn't do that right away.

It was on public property, it was a blemish, and it was causing the obstruction of traffic.

Next, we will hear that a boulder is blocking a major highway somewhere, but it can not be moved because it looks like St. Someone-or-other. :rolleyes:

This really was idiotic; about on par with the grilled cheese.

7. chadman

chadman New Member

James, you are a voice of reason. :)

8. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Amen James! [​IMG]
    Another easy solution to a uneasy situation.
    And yes I could see the boulder thing happening also.

BTW chadman, I never claimed to be politically correct in such matters nor am I an engineer as to how to solve certian problems. But I know that the young man did something which is better than doing nothing. Like the saying goes....... If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

9. chadman

chadman New Member

LOL. But I know that the young man did something (even if illegal), which is better than nothing?

Why don't you go out and break the law, like desecrating a public place, you know, a billboard advertising an adult entertainment club, rather than sit there and do nothing?

This logic is confounding indeed. And I am sure, as a Christian, you wouldn't do that.

Lets just be dead level honest. We are just glad some Catholic idolaters were so dissapointed. Thats what makes us happy about it.

10. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I do find it a tad funny that he has been arrested for defacing public property. Of course, I'm just kind of sick that way. :D

11. chadman

chadman New Member

So true. And a precursor of utmost neccessity...

12. music4Him

music4Him New Member

by chadman:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ahhh, and here we go with a no win situation. Well, what about this and that, and everything else? Sorry, you cannot justify evil, for the sake of good here.

Matt. 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves
    Although you'd probley say this is out of "context".

Quote from News Artical:
    Police have patrolled the emergency turnoff area under the Kennedy Expressway since Monday as hundreds of people have walked down to see the image and the growing memorial of flowers and candles that surround it. Beside the image is an artist's rendering of the Virgin Mary embracing Pope John Paul II in a pose some see echoed in the stain.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/20/mary.underpass.ap/

But yet the artist isn't arrested and charged for defacing public property is he? Do you see a double standard here? Hummmm let me see if this is right...draw on the wall and make a picture next to a water stain that is being patroled by police and its ok? Draw on the wall your opinion of what you believe is the truth and your evil!
    Oh ok.... :rolleyes: I guess the young man should of wrote......

'O
    /'\ <----Big Water Stain! [​IMG]

13. chadman

chadman New Member

Music4him quoted as justification:
    Well, of course I think it is out of context, but WHY?

Jesus didn't go out into the 'public market place' and do this, He did it INSIDE THE TEMPLE. And rightly so.

Your validation of his public act using a Temple act considered out of context? You already suspected that I think.

Never the less, I am sure we have beat this topic to death. lol.

No hard feeling folks I hope. :)

14. music4Him

music4Him New Member

No hard feelings chadman. BTW, I didn't quote Matthew for justification. [​IMG]
    I know the difference between the Temple and under neath the Kennedy bridge. [​IMG]
    I was going for the simple aspect acually.
    Jesus acted and the people left.
    The young man acted and people left. I know its two very different situations, but the idea that I recived is someone acted....people left. Thats all. [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't try to make things so spiritually complicated..... do I? :confused: :D [​IMG]

Now just a couple of questions for all that have kept up with this water stain thread.....
    If (or when) something like this water stain happens in your home town USA. What would you do? Stay away, go witness to the people there, or go look yourself and support it?

15. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

If others were painting or writing on the wall also, I suppose I would seek permission to write some scriptures on the wall. Something like the following.

Leviticus 19 31Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20 6And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people

1 Chronicles 10 13So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it; 14And inquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

Isaiah 8 19And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 20To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

If I were not allowed to do this, then I suppose that I would go to the site and hand out materials exposing the deception of the false doctrines of the church of Rome concerning Mary, the state of the dead, and who it really is that answers you when you try to speak to the dead.

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Thank you Keith~
    I was acually thinking along the same lines about writting scriptures.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.