1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How do you know with certainty that you are saved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by StefanM, Nov 30, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My dad was bipolar and schizophrenic. When he was up he was up but when he was down he was really down. If the brain does not have the right mineral balances it can very disabilitating. It is possible that it may just be your medication if you are on anything like by dad was on. Thank the Lord you are not in any worse shape than you are and thank him for what you do have, the truth he has taught you, the friends you do have and try to live a dependent life on the Spirit. My wife is in the later stages of alzheimers. I live two lives. When I get up, I get her up, when I get dressed I dress her, when I eat, I feed her, and so forth and so on. However, I am thankful I still have her and she still knows me and we can still smile at each other and enjoy each others presence. She is saved and has a wonderful smile and I make it my ministry to make her smile. I am not a youngster or middle age, I have lost most my teeth, most my hair and a good share of my health, but I am happy in the Lord because of what I do have. Try to live in contentment and the best way to do that is "count your blessings and name them one by one."

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll see what I can do. I live in VERY cramped quarters, so I'd have to figure out the logistics.

Thanks for the idea.

3. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest a fast as well, my brother :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not an ounce of sarcasm in my posts. This will be my last on the subject. :)

We are told the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God. Assurance is the work of the Spirit, and there is no rite, incantation or work that will employ Him. He does the will of the Father.

We are also told that all who ask receive. So, when troubled by doubts, forget about trying to work up feelings, or doing everything right or bargaining. Just start asking, and keep asking.

That is where you start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember Stefan there are those who have walked where you are walking.

Not all His children suffer this experience of anguish.
    He deals with each differently and knows what is best.

Probably everyone here at the BB who knows of your situation are supporting you in prayer.

True, as you have indicated there is the possibility of some who have never been saved (or doubting to that effect) going through this kind of experience.

Either way the savior has said. John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John Bunyan (Pilgrim's Progress) was one of those people who being a believer was struck with the thoughts of his present tense sins.
    He suffered fits of depression and doubt for several years before he was delivered.
    He later said "I fell but I did not fall away".

In this case the "P" in TULIP is applicable.

Persevere in patience, He will deliver you.

For some deliverance comes suddenly:

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

For others it is a slow process (like mine):

Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

HankD

#85 HankD, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did do a good job answering though!

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My senior Pastor has dealt with issues of depression for several years, andhe never doubted saved, but did have real issues..

He stayed close to loyal trusted friends, stayed in prayer/bible study, and found that by helping others with same issues, God was helping him out...

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Aaron ..... heck, you made me laugh :Laugh The guys got issues.
    Where is that sensitive Aaron we all know & love:rolleyes:. Seriously dude, please don't treat this as 'if we just give him a swift kick in the arse!" HE IS BIPOLAR!!!

But your suggestion gave me some pause to think, Could I who has made profession of faith backslide? And my answer is no I could not, because I'm made a new man in Christ, my conscience would not permit me. But thanks for the laugh about going all out....what evil thoughts that congered up:Biggrin :Wink

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:13