1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you vote?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Johnv, Nov 10, 2009.

?

How to you vote?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2009.
  1. I visit my polling place on voting day

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. I vote Absentee

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. I're registered, but don't vote; it doesn't make a difference.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm not registered, but wish I could vote.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm not registered, and have no wish to vote.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I happen to agree. :thumbs:

To all: One thing I'm curious about is if people prefer one form of voting over another. I usually vote absentee due to the fact that I've already done my homework and chosen whom I will vote for. I've only voted at the ballot box twice in the last 6 years, and that was due to my registration info changing after I moved.

I wish someone would take the reins and develop a true electronic voter system, whereby a person could vote via the internet. But given that some voters barely know how to use a punch ballot, I can't imagine electronic voting would be popular right now.

#21 Johnv, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  2. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I shudder to think of the voter-fraud that would take place with THIS option! Gah. No way!

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Install procedures that would mitigate voter fraud.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Does anyone out there believe that any secret ballot of over a million people can't be fixed?

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If we eliminated every method of voting due to voter fraud, we'd have no way of voting.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always vote on election day. The only exceptions were when I was in the military overseas and once I had to go to an out of state funeral over election day, so I did stop by the county clerk and filled out an absentee ballot.

I would not vote absentee (unless there is no other reasonable option) as I want all the up to date info on the candidates.

An excellent example would be right here in NY for the 23 CD. The weekend before the election, the (R) pulled out - and threw her support to the (D). Many absentee (R) may have voted for the Conservative Party candidates if they had had time to do so.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

It isn't hard to be fraudulent.

I like to vote early on one stop voting because sometimes I am at work (away), and other times, I get busy.... This way, I still get to vote.

8. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do I vote?? I usually fill in the little circle beside the PRO-LIFE candidate I'm voting for and then feed the ballot into the machine!

9. billreber

billreber New Member

I vote by mail, simply because the state and county I live in have mandated that method. Only one county still has polling places, and over half of that county votes by mail! AND I firmly believe that "mail-in only" voting would never have been instituted in the state of Washington if the Republicans had been in charge! As it is, the three most-liberal counties in Western Washington over-rule the 36 other counties in every election! Democrats Senator Cantwell and Governor Gregoire were both "elected" by those counties, even though 36 of the 39 counties overwhelmingly voted them down!

And, yes, I believe there is plenty of voter fraud going on in our "mail-in only" system, since there is no way to insure that the "registered voter" is actually filling out the vote! Yes, a signature is required, but who verifies that the "registered voter" is really who they say they are?

Washington State, bring back polling places!

Bill :godisgood:

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you had lived in Florida, there's reason to believe you wouldn't be smart enough to fill out a ballot. :smilewinkgrin:

11. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Me?
    Against any and all people like you.
    Plain enough?:tongue3:

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is only true of Florida Democrats. Not sure how they found their way to the polling station to begin with.