1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you watch TV?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by 4ever4Jesus, Feb 2, 2011.

?
  1. I prefer Cable TV examples such as Comcast Time Warner Adelphia Cox Cable TV.

31.8%
  2. I prefer to watch Satellite TV such Dish or Direct TV

18.2%
  3. I prefer to rent movies on CD or DVD's from video store or from places like Netflix.

4.5%
  4. I like viewing TV from The Internet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I still like that old TV where I have to walk up to it to change the channels

4.5%
  6. Other

40.9%
  1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

“How do you watch TV? What system do you prefer to watch TV?

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Personally, I have very basic cable at home. $15.

I prefer going over to other peoples places where they have better cable and watching theirs.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Currently I have no access to a TV. None in our little apartment, none anywhere I can watch and I must say I have not missed it at all. The world seems a better place without it. I suppose I could watch some programs on the Internet, but not many. Most programs and US networks have not worked out agreements for them to be watched on the net here.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We have basic satellite package. I usually watch tv in our bedroom unless the whole family is watching something in the living room.

I don't watch a lot of tv, but I do have some favorite shows.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

How do I watch TV??

Layin' down, leanin', or propped up!! Which ever way I want to do it!!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the couch like most American potatoes

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't have a TV. We do have a very large library of classic and family friendly movies and TV shows.

There are a couple of family friendly shows we watch, such as Human Target, Burn Notice, Leverage, Hee Haw, The Cape, and Marty Stuart that we watch through the internet.

8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Ummm, all of the above?

:laugh:

How it came about:

Years ago, when we lived in "God's country" there was no cable even though we only lived a couple of miles from where the cable stopped and our neighborhood(hill lol) was growing in population. Directv came in and gladly sold us all the tv we could watch. We were so far out that one didn't get the big 3 without an antenna!

Fast forward 5 years and my husband was still mad at the cable co so we brought our directv with us when we moved to the "city". (lol population 17,000) Then came the days of cable internet. Cable came with, cable internet! (it was a package deal) and I found it convenient to hook my kitchen tv up to it and life went on.

Then the phone co (At&T) began charging me outrageous amounts for phone service and the cable co offered me more for waaaaaaaaaay less. When I went with that, the new package came with MORE cable. So I bought a bigger tv for my kitchen! :D (with the money I saved on just 3 phone bills!)

However, during all this, the husband refused to give up his directv. So now we have it all and I'm STILL saving money over having phone/dsl/long distance and having cable/internet/phone AND my internet is faster and has less down time and my phone is QUIET!

AT&T could not get the electronic buzz off my line in all the years we had them! Kept claiming it was something IN my house (like I hadn't been paying for inside maintenance). If it were in my house, I'd still have noise. No, AT&T just didn't want to replace the underground lines leading to my house/neighborhood. That's where the problem lies as my neighbors who still have regular phone service still have a buzz.

What do *I* watch. Cable in the kitchen, directv in the bedroom (we get the movie channel through directv). However, I also have the cable hooked into the bedroom tv which is useful in a storm when directv fails.

For more current movies we do redbox (excellent idea btw) and we now have a netflix account that I haven't learned to use yet.

9. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I don't have to walk up to the set to change channels - I use a remote control. So I couldn't choose "I still like that old TV where I have to walk up to it to change the channels". I don't watch TV over the Internet. I don't rent DVDs. I don't have Satellite TV. And there is no cable tv where I live (I mean in my street - I know that there is cable in many places in the UK). So I had to choose "Other"!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have basic cable and then we also have Netflix. That's how we watch most everything.

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

All of the choices start with "I prefer" or "I like", and there is no choice about how I actually watch TV. I prefer cable, but I have a dish from DirecTV.

12. Joshua2415

Joshua2415 New Member

I watch TV over cable, probably too much--I have a couple hundred channels and I watch something on most of them throughout the month. I then have cable Internet with speeds fast enough to pull HD video, and then I watch programs or videos from the Internet, brought by the cable company.

Satellite never really appealed to me for some reason.

13. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Chose "Other" we haven't had satellite (DirectTV) in just over a year. We've saved almost $800, last year. Only thing I miss is college football and the ability to DVR.

We use an antenna and fortunately are able to get about 20 channels from 2 different markets. Of course there is some overlap, but for the most part it works well for us. Other than that we have a small DVD collection we have assembled, and we trade DVD's back and forth with family members. We also watch tv over the internet occasionally (although our speed is not as fast as I would like).

14. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I don't watch TV, but I do watch some of the DVDs my wife orders.

Radio--now I listen to radio 6 hours or more a day. I love radio--theater of the mind. :eek:

...Bob

15. mets65

mets65 New Member

We have DirecTV. We DVR stuff and watch it whenever. Some weeks, like this week, the TV really hasn't come on at all.

16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I prefer to watch on the internet AND Netflix which wasn't a choice ;)

We do have cable for husband to feed his sports habit.

17. mets65

mets65 New Member

That's our main reason for satellite, well my main reason, I don't think the wife would miss sports much.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son was compelled to buy me a new flat screen with HD. Its a nice sentiment but I would have preferred he waited till the old one fizzled out. It is nice for sports but really I dont like much programing & the content is pretty smutty.

19. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have two HD TV's, one VHS, one DVD, two land phones, two cell phones, and one Pentium-4 motherboard maxed out in cyberspace including Skype. The entertainment is not fit to watch. The things which would seemingly draw people closer, have in fact done just the opposite.

Is anyone interested in an Amish like community--one without all the high-tech distractions? I may settle for a high-tech garage sale--of electronic gadgets.

RSVP

Bro. James