1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How does God decide where the souls go?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Aug 13, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Do you understand how he manages all these things?

The bible says God knew us even before he created the world. Does this mean that BEFORE God created the world he created ALL souls and every single time a human is born a soul goes down from heaven and enters the baby?
    Let's say God created 50 billion souls. Then this means that after the very last soul has entered a human, after 50 billion humans have been born, the number of souls is 0 and this means that no further human can be born because no souls are left, right?
    I assume that God will also make sure that the end does not come before all souls have entered a human and this means that the end of the world is linked to the souls. For example if mankind suddenly reduced multiplying then the end would be delayed because it would take much longer for all the souls to be born into this world. If on the other hand mankind suddenly started multiplying much faster then also much more souls would be needed and this would mean that the time until the end is shortened because as soon as 0 souls are left in heaven no further human can be born and this means that the end is there, right?
    Do you think that it works this way? That God created a certain amount of souls before he created the world and he will make sure that every single soul is born into this world because otherwise this soul cannot go to heaven, right?
    Or do you think that in heaven there will also be humans which have never lived on earth because God didn't send them down to earth?

This stuff is so complicated. I wonder how God manages these things. Or how does God decide which soul enters a baby which dies after birth or what about all the babies and children which live when Jesus comes back? They will all go to heaven. But how does God decide this? I mean where is the difference between a soul which God decides to send into a baby which dies and this means the soul will get to heaven and a soul which God sends into a human who will become 80 years old and then go to hell?
    Does God send all those souls which he knew they would not have made it in life into babies which die and then they go directly to heaven? Is this some protection mechanism which God uses to get those souls to heaven which would not have made it any other way?
    But doesn't God also have a plan for EVERY human? If God has a plan then isn't this plan destroyed by humans every day? Did God not also have a plan for an aborted baby? Or was it God's plan that the baby is aborted? I mean either God's plans are destroyed or they are not destroyed and this would mean that God's plan was that those babies die early and then get to heaven. :confused:
    Do you think about those things? Or is this just me?
    I bet some of you will say that I should not even think about such things, but I can't help. I wish I would understand all these things because if I cannot understand something then it seems so unreal to me. Everything has to be logical and explainable. :(

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

This stuff really has no answer for us, as God has not expounded upon it in scripture.
    I know I used to have questions about why the end doesn't come already, and people's reponse basically boiled down to because there are more souls that have to be born and given a chance to be saved. But even this is speculatory. Nobody has the answer from God, and many people will only respond out of frustration by lashing out at you as some sort of mocker for asking such questions.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

4. genesis12

genesis12 Member

No. We've discussed this before. The entire premise is bogus. God does not manufacture souls. Period.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

God has known us from eternity because God is not in time, so he knows all things all the time. No, he did not create souls before anyone was conceived. We come into being when we are conceived. Souls don't come down from heaven (this is a Mormon belief, and also Gnostic and New Age, though New Agers would not normally use the term "heaven").

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Jews (and I think the Catholics have something like this as well) as well as the Mormons have this concept of souls in heaven prior to being born. When God runs out of souls in heaven to put into people here - the world ends.

Supertitious man-made ideas - not God's Word.