1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How does one become a KJV only?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by qwerty, Feb 11, 2002.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Since we're miles off topic, the thread goes down at 10:00 p.m. tonight (Wed).

2. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Thank you for deciding to close this thread...I would like to clarify the above post that indicates that a "vulgarism" was edited. I was unaware that the particular figure of speech used (which simply means to "give in to someone without argument") had vulgar roots. I am very sorry for the use of the phrase and will delete it from my vocabulary. I wish to be no offense to the brethren on this board. Thank you.

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Daniel, the post was edited due to its being a reference to an act of sodomy, not because it means "give in to someone without argument."

4. well this be the hot topic don't it? I'm a AV girl after my husband did the research and made the decision for our home.. get a lot of flak from our old church but then, they read 'the mesage' every time they read from the bible..
    I'm just sooo not comfortable with bits missing and all that..

Libbie x

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Hi Libby:

I respect you greatly for following your husband's direction in the home; very refreshing indeed! And I agree that the Message is a very poor choice for study/preaching.

What part of England are you in?

6. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Dr. Cassidy--I NEVER had any such act in mind when I used the phrase. My meaning stands as I expressed it. The meaning you're referring to was new information to me as of yesterday. I honestly did NOT know the meaning as you described it; hence, the apology. I have also made a conscious decision to delete that phrase from my vocabulary as I previously stated. No offense was meant, but I understand what happened. I wish to give no offense. I have also gone to the extent of asking about other common phrases and figures of speech that I use in conversation with a friend who is well-learned in English vulgarisms and colloquialisms. I sincerely wish to have speech that is void of offense toward God and man. Thank you for the rebuke, but I can assure you that I had no foreknowledge of what my edited phrase meant in the sense that it was perceived by the moderators/administrators.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Reprise the themesong and roll the credits. That's it y'all.