1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured how does the RCC officially View the papacy?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right...they left because the RCC became an intolerable farse posing as the true church of Jesus Christ.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You asked me if I was secretly praying that Catholics go to hell just to find out I am right.

That is evil thinking about me.

I believe God considers whether someone ever heard the truth, as they never did. Catholics were taught not to listen to others beliefs about God.

I am not a Baptist. I believe there are people who are spiritually blind, and I believe God considers that too.
    I told you I gave up sins, why do you keep saying I have not.

Paul says to work out our salvation. Jesus tells us if your hand causes you to sin cut it off better to enter the kingdom of God with one than to have two and thrown in hell. This is a strong statement against sin. If a person were getting sin out of their life, then why would they cut off a body part when they are making progress? Can we reason together here? If I stopped sinning with my eyes, and I feel accomplished with this, and I see it can be done, so then I stop sinning with my hand, and I see this is good, why would I stop there and now just start cutting off body parts?

If you take what Jesus says seriously, then you will seriously start cutting sin out of your life and not your limbs! However, if you make what Jesus says as a hyperbole, then you will not take him seriously, and you will be in danger of hell fire.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Solid point Bible Boy!

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist has a fan club I see.

Get ready for Biblicist to knock you on the head if you do not believe everything else he says. Lol

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I did question it. I don't know what you think which is why I asked. As I've told you I've gotten that from other baptist. But you are CoC right? I haven't had dealings with the CoC except on this board so it might not have been a fair question. But if you were inundated with Anti-Catholic Chick tracts from a fundamentalist Baptist brother in law who insist I'm going to hell wouldn't you ask the same question?

I was questioning the motivation. I wasn't implying that you did that which is why it is phrased in the form of a question. I was implying that could have been a motivation for you. However, since you are offended by it I apologize and take it back. Still in what spirit do you come at Catholic using Anti-Catholic Rhetoric? Note, I don't go around calling other denominations devil worshipers and their pastor are proclaiming the doctrines of Satan. I don't use anti-protestant rhetoric. I pray all protestants are saved and will obtain grace.

That isn't true as well. BTW more same old misinformation. The Catholic Church teaches that truth can be revealed in some way in faiths apart from the catholic faith but that the truth is fully represented in the Catholic faith.
    Which often gets confused with people implying that the Catholic Church muslims and budhist are saved. That is not what the church is saying it is saying that there is some truths in their religion such as it is but that doesn't equate to the fulness of saving truth.

Hey so do I. BTW I just remembered that you were CoC.

because you have admitted previously that you still sin. You gave up some sins but you haven't stopped sinning.

Yes with fear and trembling.
    Yes it is. It is intentionally strong. But do you think Jesus is actually saying to cut off your arm or is he exagerating the point to give strength to his emphais? I hold to the latter. And since you still sin and still have body parts I believe that is what you actually think as well.
    Jesus doesn't say anything about making progress and progress is a relative term progress in relationship to what?
    I've been attempting to.
    Let us reason then. You say you have stopped sinning yet you have had you still sin. Now. What I think you are trying to get at is that you don't commit the same sins you use to but commit different sins. But Jesus doesn't make that distinction either. He's not saying when you stopped the current sin and start a new one then its ok not to cut off your arm. He's saying don't sin period and if a body part causes a sin cut it off. New sins are included in Jesus' discourse. And if its only thoughts in which you sin then cut out your brain following the example if you take it literally. But Jesus was speaking in hyperbole.

Exactly! So you don't take him literally either! But you do get the seriousness of sin and Jesus' call for us to cut sin out of our lives!

, Because it is.
    Not at all I take that passage very seriously! I try to operate in grace so that I don't fall into sin! Because you are right all sins put you in danger of hell.

#65 Thinkingstuff, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My prayers are for BOTH of you to see the Gospel truth and hold to just that!

Right now, you 2 are like Jesus saying the blind leading the blind, both going into the ditch!

7. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A case of the Pot calling the Kettle black if I have ever seen it.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ive know him in different iterations already & we have tangled from time to time. While I generally agree with him regarding RCC, Im not a fan of some of the tactics he employs....but thats my opinion. And you know what opinions are like. :smilewinkgrin:

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop saying what I say is not true. I was taught not to listen to other religions. I was told that if I did not believe all what the Catholics taught that I would be apostate. I was taught that if I left the Catholic Church I would be condemned to hell.

Now stop saying what I have said is not true.

#69 Moriah, Aug 2, 2012
  10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Well, we do need our opinions don’t we. Lol

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I think you are right there!

12. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, if what you are saying isn't true than that what I will say. It isn't true.
    By whom your family? Not all lay people get the Actual teaching of the Church. In one sense you are right if you leave the Church teaching having been properly taught and turned away from Christ you would be apostate. But thats different from what you previously said. which was
    Certainly we can see that there is some truth in other beliefs but that is not the same as the full truth.

Well, you were mistaught. The Church Documents actually state that if you weren't properly Catachized and left out of ignorance to lets say a protestant faith that you still may be saved. But if you had invincible ignorance that is knowing the full truth and left the church then you truelly apostated.
    If it is not I will still say it.

13. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    at least we agree on something

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    one that preaches/teaches the real Gospel of yeshua, as per His Apostles!

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I am not CoC. I have no denomination, not even non-denomination. I am a Christian who belongs to the body of Christ.
    I read the Bible, and then I see that Catholic go against the Word.
    I have looked at the Jack Chick site maybe once. I think he exposed many false teachings of many religions, but I do not agree with everything he says.
    I do not get into telling people if they are saved or not. I usually get told by others that I am not saved, and when I measure to them what they measured to me they do not like it.
    I do love telling people if they are practicing a false doctrine. I love telling them the truth, so that they can know Jesus better.
    I think Jesus is serious about cutting off what cause us to sin. If I did not take Jesus serious, I might not have gotten rid of the sins that I have.

So are you saying we cannot reason together? Jesus says IF it causes you to sin…so if your hand stops causing you to sin…why would you cut it off.

If I am not sinning with my hand, then it means I am not sinning with my hand. It does not mean I traded sins.
    If you are sinning with your thoughts, then you can stop doing that too. The Bible tells us what to think about,
    Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    It gets easier and easier to take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Maybe that's a start. :)

17. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

PLEASE! No cutting off of arms and legs!

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Catholic religion taught us that, and my parents taught us too.

No, it is not turning away from Christ, it is turning away from the Catholic’s false teachings.

You are sounding contradictory. What I said was clear, that we were taught not to even listen to the false teachings of other denominations, that they taught falseness, or else they would be Catholic.
    You keep going against me by saying I was not taught what I say I was taught, or that I was “mistaught”. I am telling you what the Catholic Church taught. I am telling you things that I can prove by giving you quotes to what the popes said.

I was a Traditional Roman Catholic. We agreed with the popes before the second council. We accepted pope John Paul as pope, but thought he was changing what the other popes and Catholics and believed for centuries. It was for ecumenical reasons that John Paul says what he says. The current pope Benedict is more as the Traditional Catholics, he tries to bring back more of the ways before the second council.

Even if you said you can prove it, I would question it, because I have said things to you and you say I am wrong but then you end up saying the same thing I did. What is that? To say I am wrong and then act as if you are correcting me.

#78 Moriah, Aug 2, 2012
  19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Just stop sinning. :thumbsup:

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we have to attain "sinless perfection" before the Lord will save us then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.