1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Evil Rules Itself (From No Country for Old Men)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you ever saw the movie, "No Country For Old Men" you know it's disturbing portrayal of Evil overwhelming Good. I'm also watching this Casey Anthony Saga & again it looks like like the fight for Good & Evil (with evil winning) So I'm on-line & I see this Blog posting....here is an excerpt.

Outward law cannot curb great interior evil and so grace is necessary. The lawman as an enforcer of exterior law cannot "vanquish" an evil like Anton.

See full blog:

http://cantuar.blogspot.com/2009/03/no-country-for-old-men-meaning-of-final.html

And it's not just the Psychopaths, its the Government, Apostate Clergy & Churches, the Economy etc. How do we confront evil when it comes in a seemingly overwhelming force? Up for discussion.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I've never seen the movie, but this verse deals with it:

Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, you must not have seen the movie. sir, hold still please :smilewinkgrin:

Thomas Aquinas draws this out (fight for Good vs Evil) in more detail:

[M]an can make laws in those matters of which he is competent to judge. But man is not competent to judge of interior movements, that are hidden, but only of exterior acts which appear: and yet for the perfection of virtue it is necessary for man to conduct himself aright in both kinds of acts. Consequently human law could not sufficiently curb and direct interior acts; and it was necessary for this purpose that a Divine law should supervene (ST I-II, q. 91, a. 4)

#3 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011