1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How far Did Calvinism Go beyond teaching/Doctrines Of calvin?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Shame on you, Luke. You have just accused me of not being a Christian. I challenge you to provide a single quote where I even come close to this conclusion. Debate my actual words, not your straw-man.

What is the difference between dead faith and living faith according to James? What is the difference in the belief that demons have and the belief that true children of God have? How do we tell the difference? That is what we are discussing. Faith that doesn't result in fruit may be mental assent to facts, but it is not SAVING FRUIT PRODUCING FAITH! True faith will always lead to works.

Agreed, but if they don't act then we can rightly concluded they didn't have saving faith can't we? Thus, "we will know them by their fruits." Faith without works does not save because its not living faith. See James.

Luke, if a person believes and rebells, like a demon, are they saved? Your problem is that you assume that belief in the clearly revealed truth will always lead to submission to that truth and that is simply untrue, unbiblical and dangerous.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

And sense all of us agree that he has chosen us then we should all agree with this verse.

Again, nothing we disagree with here unless you take 'ordained' to mean 'individually preselected to irresistibly save me and have me live in him.'

AMEN!

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter