1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How I KNOW the KJB is the Word of God!!!!!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Bro Shaun, Aug 27, 2001.

1. p

p New Member

Sigh. Thomas. You are so quick to point out minor syntactical flaws in someone else's writings while the pomposity exudes from your posts.

Alas, I will not debate with you.

I have no idea what comes after your name, Thomas. You've taken a wholly generic post and responded with characteristic venom.

By the way, the American Heritage Dictionary's first definition of 'acronym' is as follows:

A word formed from the initial letters of a name,as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words.
    (Note how I issue credit for where the definition appears in the form of preamble, neat huh? It's a literary device that gives credit for source material so that the reader won't inadvertantly think you were it's original author, or trying to wrest credit from the original author.)

I don't know why I bother to supply you with the definition.

You obviously have stature here, of a sort anyhow.

It is known for certain you will use any device, whether noble or not, to further that stature.

Remember, the pride of a following, or lack thereof, makes no contribution as to whether your stance, or attitude, or conclusions are correct.

It was possible I was beginning to like you, but your behavior doesn't warrant the degree with which you are endowed.

You are in the flesh Thomas... on top of that, you are not satisfied until you bring everyone else around you to your level so that you don't feel so bad.

I'm not intimidated by your PhD., your status as moderator, or board administrator. The fact is, if I had you in a class, and caught you in a heinous error, I would still confront you about it.

I don't believe I would sweat the small stuff, like spelling.

Most of us try to leave that to the doctorates, earned or not.

If you don't want to provide a spelling checker, or a full time grammar critic, why don't you try to approach a debate from the point of REASON, and not form.

Anything you had to say would carry far more weight if you would reason. But no, post after post, "this word was misspelled" or that "definition is wrong." Man, you've got it bad.

I'm not going to play. Find another victim. There seem to be plenty of willing ones here.

I don't need BB. I just happened in here. I went for years without it, I'm sure I could attain many more. Certainly, it has not been as much of a source of inspiration as it has been a spectacle of infighting among full time people who should know better.

In His Steps,

Alex Peterson
    II Corinthians 10:5
    "...Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: petersonalexw ]

2. DocCas

DocCas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Wells:
    Could it be "PhD?" I always took that to stand for "piled high and deep!" :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be an abbreviation not an acronym. [​IMG] <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Actually, I'm thinking of adding one to my name:

John Wells, YUC
    (Young Universe Creationist)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now that is an acronym. I can't say it is all that appealing, but it is definitely an acronym! :D

3. p

p New Member

I think I will stop posting or reading here.

I am already going through an awakening right now that I don't especially relish concerning the Hyles.

It hurts, has turned my whole conception of the world upside down, and I certainly don't need this.

Goodbye all. I had hoped it would be different, but it never, ever is.

Alex Peterson
    II Corinthians 10:5

4. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by petersonalexw:
    Here is a private message I received in my email. And no, just because it was sent to me privately does not necessarily dictate that I maintain secrecy over it:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, yes it does. If Dr. Cassidy had wanted it to eb a public post he woudl have done so. You have overthrown good Christian ethics by attempting to get in the last "slam" as you leave the BB. You should be ashamed. :(

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Temple:

Actually, yes it does. If Dr. Cassidy had wanted it to eb a public post he woudl have done so. You have overthrown good Christian ethics by attempting to get in the last "slam" as you leave the BB. You should be ashamed. :(
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, I am sorry, but I must disagree with you on this particular issue and let me explain my reasoning. Dr. Cassidy has not spent his time typing responses and debates on the Bible, he has personally attacked everybody on the site who disagrees with his point of view. He has called me "ignorant" among other things and he is more concerned with the way I spell a word than he is with the context of the message. Our new friend was simply TRYING to show WHY he felt that this string has turned into a ridiculous bunch of private and personal attacks. He "rightly so" pointed out my emotionalism that was coming from my responses to Dr. Cassidy. This taught me something -- that I was allowing the devil to control my responses rather than the Holy Spirit that lives inside me. That was a shame and our new friend helped me find that out. Since Mr. Cassidy has been wide open with most of his verbal attacks, then I see nothing wrong with him simply showing the board how he was attacked privately. Dr. Cassidy said absolutely nothing in that private note that he has not said publically to other people, so therefore I am going to continue on this string debating the issues, but I will ignore Dr. Cassidy and his personal and unBiblical attacks. Personally, I think the good doctor has some issues in his life that he needs to deal with and we don't know what he goes through or has gone through, so I for one am going to pray for him that the Holy Spirit guide and direct his thoughts and refocus him. He has a lot of knowledge, but his is not taken seriously when he calls somebody an idiot, especially when he takes a "tongue-in-cheek" statement literally and misunderstands -- totally -- the context of the remarks. Let us pray for him and all of us and continue to discuss the issues leaving the personalities at the keyboard. God Bless! ;)

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Temple:

You have overthrown good Christian ethics by attempting to get in the last "slam" as you leave the BB. You should be ashamed. :(
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the way, I did not make my point. If someone attacks another person personally and in an unChristianlike manner, it should be made public whether it was private or not. Just as if I wrote you a private letter that you could use as evidence in a courtroom or give to the local newspaper. If Bill Clinton wrote you a private letter saying he messed around with Monica (before he got caught) I bet you would sell it to the National Enquirer for a million dollars before you would consider some kind of legal or ethical issue. As a judge once told a defendant of mine in a court case of which I used e-mail as evidence "If you don't want the WORLD to see it--don't put it in writing"

Now, let's get back to our original issue.
    I'll ask you a question which you never answered. If Revelation 22:19 was not meant for that particular book at the time it was written and was meant for the whole Bible, why was the apocrypha removed from the King James Version? :eek:

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Shaun, I may disagree with you on issues, but I hope you can see this latest personal attack as exactly what it is and see that it is the most unchristian-like behavior I have ever seen on a Christian Board, plus this has already run off one new member and I would imagine there will be more leave if he continues personal attacks. He has NO business being an administrator on a Baptist Christian board!

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: Thomas Cassidy ]

8. DocCas

DocCas New Member

It seems as if this thread has degenerated into a lot of childish bickering and whining. Therefore I am locking it. If any of the participants would like to continue the original topic of discussion, please feel free to start a new topic. [​IMG]

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: Thomas Cassidy ]