1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How important is paying off debts?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 9, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You May Be Correct, So....

....I repent for making a judgment, and spreading gossip. However, I am only stating the obvious when it comes to you. :tear:

So, I'm on the fence, leaning towards repentance for judging your judgment of so many on this forum!

Thanks for pointing out the splinter in my eye! I will admit. You are very good at your trade (casting judgment upon those who are in disagreement with your way of thinking), and I'd certainly miss your comments should you suddenly be convicted and repent, TOO! :smilewinkgrin:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious. I would love to hear about this "cutting your food bill to only $50 a month."

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Since tithing is never addressed in the NT I think the answer is pretty clear.

Giving, as mentioned about, it not a rule to be forced, but an act of worship. If someone gives only because they are afraid that God will not bless them it is not worship, but forced duty.

Making sure we pay our debts is biblical. Giving is biblical. Tithing is a nice principle, but there is nothing in the church age to make it a basis for God's blessing or curse.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Don I am speaking a single person. If you are really interested in this so as to apply to your own life, and not just curious or to judge or make light, then feel free to PM me and I will be glad to explain how you can do this. It takes a certain amount of sacrifice, but it can be done if someone is serious. I wlll tell you that the first obstacle is to learn the difference between wants and needs and the second is applying that knowledge.

#44 freeatlast, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I find it interesting and sad that many today hold the idea that when too things seem to conflict in the believers life it is acceptable to pick the lessor of sins to follow after.
    The truth is there is no sin that is acceptable. In this case of paying our bills we are to keep our contract to pay and we are to give to the Lord as well. There is no reason to sacrifice one for the other. By the way there is no tithe taught for the church, just giving from a cheerful heart.

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would too.

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it is paid out of fear and not offered cheerfully as an act of worship, it is essentially an insurance payment.

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agree.:thumbsup:

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sent you a PM.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member