1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How is it?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Plain ol' Ralph, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

That a forum dedicated solely to debates about bible versions and translations can become a derogatory data base of a man due to the opinions of these herein BB? [​IMG]

Is this according to Christian "liberty"? :confused:
    No, it is NOT. It is according to that which God finds at enmity with Him, the world, the flesh., and that surmises to nothing but SIN. [​IMG]

Is that a "judgemental" statement? Yes, and according to righteous judgement it is quite fitting, and also commanded by our Lord and Saviour. ;)

It seems contrary to Christian morals to keep rehashing the same old arguements according to nothing more than our preferences and the flesh takes the dominuative command and over-rules anything else, that is truly sad and just what the devil ordered. :eek:

We who know the KJB is the Word of God to the English speaking people, and that w/o error will not be moved by your antagonistic rants and raves, no matter how completely you may have convinced yourselves to the contrary. [​IMG]

I have observed the provoking to wrath from the so-called fatherly figures here, and that is in complete harmony with satan's devices, which just so happens to be in the area of abomination to our Lord. :( I see those who jump at the chance to gnash their teeth at any little morsel and try to turn it into "ad-hominem" attacks, that is a device of the devil and we as Christians are wise to his devices. :mad:

I do wonder if this applies here, "Cast not your pearls before swine, lest they turn and rend you"?

You decide.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And it is refreshing to know that no one from the stictly KJVO side ever attacks others or condemns them for their supposed lack of faith or understanding.

I also admire my brother Plain ole Ralph for his consistant loving attiude towards those who disagree with him. Thank you for your grace my brother.

3. Plain ol' Ralph

I see that it can be deduced from any angle that pretty much anything said that contradicts another's remarks can be twisted into ad hominem. [​IMG]

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Christians, we have a D-U-T-Y to attack false doctrines...and the KJVO myth is about as false as they get. Sometimes we have disagreements, but that comes with the territory.

5. Plain ol' Ralph

I'm sorry to see where you are that authority, sir, to determine what is a false doctrine when the Lord expressed exactly the He would preserve His Word to the point of even holding it above His very name.

I have seen where you spend more time than most here dealing with your opinionated premise.

I could very easily say that you have made a molten calf out of it and thereby culminated your own god. :rolleyes:

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can find no scripture whatsoever that supports single-translation-onlyism. Further, I can find no support for the idea that any sinlge translation is to be held higher than the Lord Himself. Lacking scriptural support, the view that these are doctrinally required by all Christians is an addition to scriptural doctrine, and as such, must be denounced by all Bible believing Christians everywhere.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

In the judgement of this moderator, this thread is in violation of the following rule:

and is therefore closed.