1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How is Rev Wright different from Sterling?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly don't intend to rehash old news ... but I can't help but think that as racist as Sterling's comments were against blacks .... Rev Jeremiah Wright was as prejudice against the Jews, or after his apology, the Zionists.

So, if it's okay to heap coals of public disdain on the head of Sterling and to call for the removal of him as the owner of the Clippers [and I agree that he is reaping what he sowed], should there not also be a move to "Deflock" the good reverend, and ban him from, let's say, speaking to ANY group, ever again? After all, this man not only has it in for Zionists, he is not fond of America, saying that, and he was talking about the "Rich white folk: "The chickens have come home to roost!"

Here is one of his rants against "Rich white people!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJB-qkfUHc

And here is exerts of his rants against whites! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy

Please tell me, how this man differs from Sterling, who happens to be a " white man?" I am interested in your views, really! Because IMHO, this shows me that white folk can't say anything about black folk, while the black folk get a pass when their racism rears its ugly head!

Oh sure, Wright got raked over the political coals, but he is still a reverend, and making millions speaking his vitriol all around the world! But is one not as guilty as the other? Just wondering?

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What specifically did Wright say that was prejudicial against the Jews?

Is this what you're referring to?:

Rev. Jeremiah Wright apologizes about blaming "them Jews" for keeping him from Obama

If so, then what he said is almost certainly true. Is it still considered to be prejudice if what was said is the truth?

#2 kyredneck, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Such an uplifting, wonderful sermon. Oh...PLEASE tell me Rev. Wright's excellent sermons will be on Sermonaudio some day!

Remember: Obama went to this "church" for TWENTY YEARS and claimed he didn't know Wright was like this because he didn't pay attention.....for TWENTY YEARS.

TWENTY. YEARS. smh.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe white people need to create their own version of the Anti-Defamation League to combat 'anti-Caucasianism' and demand apologies and retractions. It certainly works for the Jews.

#5 kyredneck, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh really..... didn't the KKK & the neo -Nazis try that already? See the Hebrews have years of European pogroms and the holocaust to point to. In places like Russia, they still experience racism. When was the last time you saw caucausians discrimanited against (in the USA)? Maybe there are still some places in the Bible Belt that still demean Catholics but that's nothing compared to violence and murderer. We as members of the WAY cant stand for any of that.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread shows signs of devolving into an anti-semitic mess. So, I'm closing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.