1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How is your church involved in global missions?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 25, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Let us know.

2. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For at least the past 3 Januarys, our elders have taken mission trips to Russia to teach/preach in like-minded congregations. We also support missionaries in Europe and the Pacific rim.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

At our church, we try to have direct contact with our missionaries and have home-raised numerous missionaries that we support. We have missionaries in:

Nicaragua (and we send a team there yearly to work with the teachers in a school teaching them further skills, teach the moms to sew and do sports camp with the kids while their moms and teachers are being trained)

Cuba - we are helping to build a Bible school there

Phillipines
    Switzerland/Napal
    Spain
    Italy
    Estonia
    Indonesia
    Far East

We also have a few domestic missionaries too - two of whom are in our own church. :)

4. Bone

Bone New Member

We support global missions, mostly through the Cooperative Program, but we have no international missions directly from our church. From what I've seen the past couple of years it would seem that we need to maybe increase our missions efforts here in the U.S. a little bit more.

5. wtyson

wtyson New Member

We support 46 missionaries in 21 countries. We support several church plants in the USA and we plan to add 5-8 missionaries this year. Our missions committments increased 55% during this year missions conference. We are excited about what the Lord is doing at our church in the area of missions. We also support three families who are missionaries of our church. One of young people surrender to the mission field Sunday night....:godisgood:

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church goal is to give 75% of all income to 3rd world missions (we do not count gifts to colleges or US missions in that figure). We work with the other two Reformed Baptist congregations in state for short-term (1 week to 1 year) missionary work by our members.

3 of our church leave in a couple weeks to work with two pastors in Mexico (we support a missionary there) in construction work. My son (pastor) and daughter-in-law (RN) go to Africa. My other son spent 16 months in Korea.

We live and breath missions and love it!!

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Our church does work in 3 nations. I am hoping to add India to that list.

8. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

We support missionaries to The Philippines, Mexico, Israel, Togo Africa, Canada, and another in a Muslim country. We also have the ministry Bible Senders where we have been able to send scripture to many countries as well as After Death What a tract ministry where we have been able to have the tracts translated into Tagalog, and Burmese. Please pray for these ministries. God bless. :)

9. SojourningOnEarth

SojourningOnEarth New Member

We sent and support missionaries in Italy and Sudan and we give to both the IMB and Acts 29 in international missions and church planting.

10. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

My congregation supports a missionary couple in Cambodia. We also support two local missionaries who minister to Latinos and Tamil-speaking people in Indianapolis.

11. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Our church is very globally mission-minded.

Over the years we've sent out people from our congregation to places such as Thailand; to West Asia [For security reasons we simply refer to them as "The A Team"!]; and to Alberta, Canada.

The man who was our "founding pastor" now spends much of his time travelling to India, Thailand and the Philippines. Actually he has started a foundation to help minister to these nations: www.compassionatehope.org

We also support other missionaries in South America and Africa.

The area of Nashville in which our church properties are located seems to be a drawing place for many other foreign nationals. We support local congregations made of Laotians, Ethiopians, and Koreans; and we're looking to expand our outreach to the Hispanics as well as to the Kurdish peoples as well.

Every September we have a Missions Conference. This year it'll be Sept 17-19. Maybe it's just coincidental, but Yom Kippur ("The Day of Atonement") will fall right in the middle of it!

I could spend more time about our missions programs, but you can find out more about it at: www.lighthouseministries.org

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just wanted to add another mission that we're doing at our church.

This week is VBS and we have 450 kids there. We do a mission to Nicaragua in two particular locations and in being down there, we found out that the children have local schools to 6th grade and after that, they need to take a bus to school every day but it costs $400 a year! There is NO way children who live in a dump and count on the dump for their livelihood can afford $400 (that's about what their parents make in a year!). So our offerings from our children is going towards paying for as many students as we can to take a bus to middle and high school so they have a chance at something more. Our goal is to be able to pay for 20 students - $8,000 total. I'll find out this afternoon what our total is. :) Each year, the kids surprise us with even more than we had hoped for but this is a big undertaking. Pray that we can help even more than 20 students.

13. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Cool Annsni.

The church I am attending sponsors kids in secondary school in Malawi, works with homeless in a variety of ways. sponsors a pastor in India,.....

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I never updated. We hit our goal and then some. So now 21 children will be able to go to middle/high school this year!