1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How long have you been saved?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Amanda, Jul 2, 2003.

?
  1. less than a year

14.3%
  2. 1-5 years

10.7%
  3. 6-10 years

14.3%
  4. 10-20 years

60.7%
  5. 21 or more years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amanda

Amanda New Member

HOw many years ago since you asked Jesus to come into your heart and be your personal Saviour?

2. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was saved when I was 22, it's been almost five years. I praise the Lord he didn't allow my heart to be hardened, as I was raised in church and made a false profession.

Jason

3. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I was saved when I was 10 years old. 21+ years ago. I'm sad to say that I backslided for 12 years. I got in the wrong crowd and wanted to be appreciated/fit in. Thank God that 3.5 years ago I woke up and returned to the Lord. I am that prodigal son. Thank God for his mercy and longsuffering. I am here for those reasons. PRAISE GOD! PRAISE GOD! AMEN! GLORY TO GOD! AMEN!

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I was saved in high school.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Since March 31, 1991. I was 27.

6. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    April 6, 1975 at the tender age of 21.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

January 24, 1976...at the not so tender age of 32.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    March 17, 1957.

Move over, Patrick, it's St Bob's Day on MY calendar! :D

9. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Nov. 26, 1971 - They say the older you get the faster time goes. Well, I am starting to use my internal clock for a fan. :eek: [​IMG]

10. mozier

mozier New Member

October 31, 1997. I went up to the local Roman Catholic Cathedral's main door and "nailed" my statement of salvation to it. Very Lutheran of me!

And even though I slipped a bit last year, the fact that I came to my senses is proof to me that my salvation is for real.

Thank You, Lord Jesus Christ! Now please help my wife and daughters find salvation.

mozier

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Gloriously Redeemed at the age of 8 during Vacation Bible School! That was 44 years ago! Thank You Jesus!

Diane

12. Pastor Chet

Pastor Chet New Member

Even now, 16 years after my conversion, I can only marvel at the goodness and grace of God that brought me to a knowledge of the Truth.

I was saved March 1987 after having spent 17 years in the occult and New Age Movement.

I praise God for His great love and willingness to sacrifice His Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross for my sins.

I grew up in a godless family. I never went to church as a child or knew anything about God. My mom was very strict and had high moral standards. My dad was mean and abusive. I remember many violent episodes where I would hide under the bed when my parents were fighting.

Then one day it all ceased when my dad was stricken with lung cancer that left him paralyzed. I was ten years old when he died, I will never forget, because it was Christmas Day 1966, I went in to wake him up, only he didn’t move. He was buried a few days later and no one shed a tear.

My mom did her best to take care of my brother and me. She made sure all our physical needs were met but that didn’t fulfil the emotional and spiritual void in my life.

My spiritual journey into darkness began when I was about 13 years old.I escaped reality through books. I was an avid reader, so it was only natural that Satan would use this avenue to gain control of my life. I was in a drug store looking through the book rack when I came across a little book titled "The Complete Book of Witchcraft". It piqued my interest, so I slipped it in my coat and took it home.

This was the beginning of a dark journey that almost cost me my life on numerous occasions, but worse than that it almost cost me my soul.

I was fascinated by the book and decided to experiment with some of the spells and incantations. Often I would go out in the cow pasture to summon up demons, according to the invocations in the book. I didn’t really believe in all this stuff, it just seemed like harmless fun, but Satan doesn’t care if you believe or not, there is no such thing as harmless fun or dabbling when it comes to the works of darkness. That’s why I’m concerned at the increase in the things of the occult through the toys, games and entertainment industry. Our children are becoming prey to Satan. Harry Potter, Pokemon, etc. etc. are not harmless, they are entry points into the satanic realm.

It wasn’t long after my getting involved in witchcraft that I started smoking dope and getting into the drug scene. This affected my schoolwork and led eventually to my quitting school.

I got my GED and joined the Navy, but even that didn’t get my life on track. It was in the Navy that I got turned on to harder drugs and the Acid Scene that was becoming so prevalent.

I spent the following years in a decadent and immoral lifestyle,having numerous run-ins with the law .

I began to reap what I had sown, always looking over my shoulder .At the same time I was being drawn deeper and deeper into the occult and New Age. I was living in open and total rebellion to God and His Word while being deceived into thinking I was on a spiritual journey toward godhood.

Then in 1987, just short of my 31st birthday, by the grace of God, I found salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.

By the power of the Holy Spirit and God’s Word,the Truth of who Jesus Christ really was became clear to me. I recognized the lies of Satan that had blinded me all my life. I repented of my sins, Christ became my Lord and Savior. I received forgiveness and became a child of God. Justified in God’s sight by Jesus’ sacrifice and atoning blood.

I wish I could say the first couple of years as a born again believer were euphoric, but they weren’t. It was more like hell on earth, as the spiritual battle began. My involvement in channeling spirits and having spirit guides had led to demon possession, something I didn’t know much about, and the church seemed to offer no help. They were more oblivious to the spiritual realm than I was. I got rid of my extensive library (approx. 2,500 volumes) of occultic books and began to read God’s Word.

While I experienced moments of great joy and freedom, they were few and far between during the first two to three years of my Christian walk.

I lost everything I owned, ended up homeless, living in a tent. I often battled suicidal depression, sometimes for months on end. Yet God’s sustaining hand continued to uphold me.

In looking back I now have a very clear understanding of why God allowed me to endure those times.

I can only praise God for the victory and freedom I now enjoy. I praise God most of all that he chose someone such as I. I can not express my thanks to Jesus Christ enough for His redeeming power.

It is a privilege and an honor to be able to serve Him by preaching the Gospel to a dying nation.

13. ByGrace3

ByGrace3 New Member

March 8, 1993, at age 27. After 21 years of attending IFB churches faithfully, and doubting my salvation the whole time, I finally came to the point that I had to simply trust the Lord and quit trying to pray the right prayer or say the right thing. Simply trust. I'm so thankful that the Lord never gave up on me!

Susan

14. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When was I saved/
    In one sense, from the foundation of the world ... all part of God's divine plan
    In another sense, when Jesus said "It is finished" .. the price of my salvation paid
    In yet another sense, about 41 years ago, when I became a believer, by the grace of God. [​IMG]

Regards
    Bob

15. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

April 2, 1994,

8 years ago, I realized that I needed Jesus as a young man about to leave and go to college

...best decision I EVER made

...best day of my life. Period.

Heavenly Father...thank you so much!!! [​IMG]

16. Elnora

Elnora New Member

1976. 27 years ago.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

According to God, I've been saved for 20 years. According to some people on the board, I haven't been saved yet.

18. showard93

showard93 New Member

I got saved June 12th 1996 in campmeeting when Dr. Phil Kidd was preaching. So it has been 7 wonderful years sence that day and God has done great things sence then.

19. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess which one counts :D
    Bob

20. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I was saved by the blood on July 25, 1992
    At the age of 5.
    Amen! Praise The Lord [​IMG] [​IMG]