1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Long Will the Next One Last?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Arbo, May 5, 2012.

1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Newsflash!!!

Unless you are Jesus Himself, you will never be free from the sinful heart you were born with.

We are all just dirty rotten sinners....the only difference between Christians and the lost is that Christians are forgiven.

John

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not talking about what you have done, but what the drug is coveriong up.

3. seekingthetruth

And you are accusing me of covering up some unknown sin.

Isnt that against the forum rules?

How can I be saved if i refuse to acknowledge my own sin?

DHK? Is this allowed?

John

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I think that is a very common claim today but according to the bible it is totally incorrect. It is just another way of denying responsibility for our sin.
    2Ti 2:21
    If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.
    2Cor 5:17
    Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    1Cor 10:13
    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
    1John 3:9
    No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's [fn] seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

5. seekingthetruth

This explains why you call others sinners with such ease...because you believ e you are sinless.

Ok, Mr Sinless, there is no use in a forgiven sinner like me even trying to converse with your holiness.

You win. I am a sinner and you are Holy.

I will never dispute or debate anything you decree again.

John

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I tried to explain it to you before and you rejected that also. We do not get saved by confessing sin. Salvation comes by repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, not confessing sins.

As to you covering some unknown sin, no. I am saying that drugs suppress the body from carrying out the sin that is known by the person. The drug ends up hiding the sin from everyone else, but the person knows it is there and will show its ugly head if they stop the drug, unless they confess and forsake the sin which will remove it from them instead if surpressing it and leaving it inside them.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Those are your words not mine. I sin from time to time. The difference is I stand on the word of God and make no provisions for anything else. It means what it says and says what it means.
    By the way did you read what I said about those who cannot back up their beliefs with the bible and are confronted with the bible?

8. seekingthetruth

Yes, I believe in you now, and i will pray to you tonight before I go to bed......because you are the first Holy human since Christ.

I will submit to you and become sinless myself.

John

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You have repeatedly said that the brain and behavior are completely disconnected and yet at the same time you say that drugs can "suppress" behavior. If certain behaviors are cause soley by sin, then no amount of drugs can change that behavior, since they only affect the brain and not the heart or moral condition.

I can't comment on these people's mental state. I haven't seen their medical reports. But what they did was sin regardless of their mental states. They both deserve prison or even the death penalty, however a person's mental state can be a factor in determining the type of punishment.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you for the prayers. God bless.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You really don't get it do you?
    She's a two year old.
    She is "abnormal," like many people with brain dysfunctional orders.
    Hers is a good one, the ones we like to talk about. But it is abnormal. I came from a large family and I did have a large family. But I didn't have any children who could recite the English alphabet, count to 10 in Spanish and name different types of triangles at the age of two. She has an abnormality in the brain doesn't she? But you wouldn't dare call that one a mental illness would you? Perhaps a mental "wellness"? It is mental--of the brain, isn't it? But you like to dwell on the negative instead of the positive. This two year old is not normal. Drug her FAL!! Bring her back to normal! Bring her IQ back down to 90-100 where it should be. She is not normal. You don't get it do you?

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well you can go online of you want to see how the medical profession reported on them. This was not about punishment. So you admit that they sinned. I have been saying all along that sin is always involved in what is being called mental illness and you have said no. Which is it?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Are you sure you want to call her exceptional ability a mental illness or even suggest it is in the same family? I am wondering how many will get into this bed with you? :laugh: What drug would you prescribe to get her into normal range? :laugh: Or what would you have her confess and forsake? DHK I might need some drugs to believe all this you are saying. :tongue3:

#53 freeatlast, May 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Never once did I say "illness". I continue to remind people that misrepresentation is the same as a lie.

I said "abnormal" which means "not normal." For a two year old she is not normal. She is way above normal. It is not normal for a two year old to get admitted into MENSA. Write and ask them.

I may have used the word "disorder." Even that word does not always constitute illness. It also suggests that something is "not normal."
    Perhaps you need to go back to English school.

Your answer:
    This belies your lack of knowledge in this subject.
    If you don't recognize the positive in a person's brain, then how on earth can you deal with the negative?

#54 DHK, May 6, 2012
  15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No doubt I could use some English lessons. May I pint our that sin does not come from the brain, but the heart/spirit. The brain will carry out what ever the heart/spirit/mind wants. Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. The spiritual mind/heart/spirit is subject to Christ and drugs do not make one spiritual. You are such a sweet heart, God bless you.

#55 freeatlast, May 6, 2012
  16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh course they sinned! Who would say otherwise????? But sin is not ALWAYS involved in mental illness any more than it is with any other human being. Most mental illness is a very personal hell that in no way harms another person.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I would remind you that not all sin harms others. Sin is anything not of faith. Sin is always involved in bad behavior and some bad behavior is classified mental illness. No drug can fix sin. The drug may suppress the person so they do not act out the sin in them, but the sin remains. Only confession and forsaking sin fixes sin. If drugs could help one person not to sin then they could help us all not to sin and we all need to be on drugs, but drugs do not deal with the underlying issue of sin. They suppress/cover the sin and the sin remains not being dealt with.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What sin are you talking about? Charles Spurgeon suffered from severe depression. What sin was he covering up? I wish I could be half the person and servant of God he was.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I never met Charles Spurgeon so I cannot tell you for sure, but what ever it was that depressed him.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What a smart alec you are. :rolleyes:

And you have the nerve to judge the hearts of others?