1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many here were

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frenchy, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I was not raised in a Christian home and I was not saved until later in life. My father was very intellectual and was an agnostic, and my mother was a nominal Christian, as far as I know. She never read the Bible (and disliked parts of it) nor did I ever see her pray. However, she did make me and my sister go to church. This ended up with me questioning it all and I decided in high school to reject Christianity and explore other beliefs, which I started doing in college, and that led to Buddhism, New Age, astrology, etc. until God intervened and saved me, at a late age!

The good news is that I was assured of my mother's salvation in a conversation with her the night before she died (answer to prayer), and my father, the lifelong agnostic, trusted Christ in the hospital, 2 months before he died when he was almost 80 yrs. old (another answer to prayer!).

I often have wondered what it would have been like to have been raised in a good Christian home -- I can't even imagine it. But as TaterTot said, it is part of who I am, and God used it and still is.

2. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

nope...

my dad was a non-practicing Protestant, he was a pretty good guy, helped the neighbors with car repairs... was pretty well liked... I was the oldest of 4 children and the only boy.. my dad had a "got get `em" attitude toweards raising me, he loved to hear of my exploits... as a result my late teens and early twenties was an ongoing train wreck of partying and girls....

he did start attending church after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer much later in life, though actually, he was only 49 when he died....

my mom was a non-practicing Roman Catholic, she did take the family to a Roman Catholic church at one point for awhile when I was about 13 or 14, mostly I think to try and save their marriage, she had left us for other men... my father and us 4 kids.. many many times prior to "trying" religion.. however it didn't work, they divorced when I was 16... my mom did return the the RC later in life, she ended up dying of cancer a few years after she began faithfully attending an RC church, taking membership classes, taking it very seriously...

blessings,
    Ken

3. doulous

doulous New Member

I was raised Roman Catholic. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way because that is the path God used to bring me to faith in Christ.

4. KellyWhite

KellyWhite New Member

I was raised in a devout Christian home. My ancestors have always been Christian.

5. KellyWhite

KellyWhite New Member

What made you leave Catholicism?