1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many liberals does it take to win a war?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

And I repeat, Then what, in your own words?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we talk about war and cowardice at the same time, most people are thinking about "physical" cowardice, as you are.

I'm sure if you weren't so blinded by your feelings that you feel you must defend your ideology, you would have a better understanding of this poem.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I've asked twice already, but you haven't answered except with taunts. I'm beginning to think you cannot say...

For the third time, what, in your own words, is the poem about?

4. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

If that were the long standing policy of the more evolved community some believe they live in, then there would be no reason to continue this arguement. [​IMG]

That asks how long *you* think your agenda will be respected when the people you think your campaign protects are slaughtered by the very one's you claim are innocent or misquided.

But Hey! I have a great idea..ice cream and hugs for everyone!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that'll help.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've asked twice already, but you haven't answered except with taunts. I'm beginning to think you cannot say...

For the third time, what, in your own words, is the poem about?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'm sorry, Daisy. I just can't say it any better than Russ.

It's more of a mind set or attitude than it is cowardice. It's an unwillingness to recognize and face a threat squarely instead of making excuses for you attackers

Karl Rove said it pretty well and was royally castigated for it when he said "Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers."

Russ said the same thing when he wrote:

"With your same old clueless “feelings” you now decry this war;
    And with your same old fuzzy logic, common sense you still ignore.
    We must look into “root causes” and we must try to “feel their pain;”
    Pardon if our eyes start rolling, at your same old lame refrain."

Even a liberal will fight when cornered. The question is will the rest of us survive until they realize they are already there.

6. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To expect you to actually "get it" was never expected.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's a pity.

There you go, third time's the charm... [​IMG] I knew you could do it.

And his diatribe was roundly refuted by the facts. Appealing to emotion at the expense of the facts is a wonderfully effective propaganda technique.

Russ does the same thing when he writes:

:rolleyes: I feel compelled to a little eyerolling of my own. I suppose it is the progressive approach to get at the root cause of problems, but it's also sensible, whether common among the reactionaries or not.

Aslanspal's list shows the lie in that statement.

Are you contending that the world's most powerful nation is "cornered" by a handful of third-world terrorists? Yes, I can see why you'd be terrified of your survival until the liberals come around to your "crush, kill" philosophy. :eek:

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"I'm sure if you weren't so blinded by your feelings that you feel you must defend your ideology, you would have a better understanding of this poem."

Your not trying to defend any ideology by posting this OP are you Carpro? Like maybe the neocon ideology of playing on your "feelings" to scare you into submitance to their goals.

That's how it looks to me, but I'll give you the opportunity for a rebutal without the lame name calling techniques the neocons seem to always resort too.

The floor is yours. [​IMG]

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously he was answering the OP's contention that only right-wingers are willing to fight and that all left-wingers are sniveling cowards by presenting evidence to the contrary. </font>[/QUOTE]The problem with the list is that it a) lists men who were of service age before conservatives took over the GOP and b) is anecdotal.

A better test would be the voting preference of our military... overwhelmingly conservative even without factoring out minorities.

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daisy, Since you posted the list then you should "prove" the assumptions about Republicans.

Please "prove" that Bob Dornan intentionally enlisted after Korea.

Please prove the conclusions about GWB. The press tried to make that dog hunt and couldn't. Bush served his obligation to the satisfaction of his commanders... and no one has ever proven different even though his records (versus Kerry) were laid open.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a pity.

There you go, third time's the charm... [​IMG] I knew you could do it.

Aslanspal's list shows the lie in that statement.

</font>[/QUOTE]How is it a lie that a liberal will fight when cornered?

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's a weird sentence - "If that were ... " subjective tense, meaning 'it is not' "... the long standing policy ..." as if the length of time a particular policy has stood determined it's validity - but this policy has already been determined not to exist by the tense of the preceding verb "...of the more evolved community..." I have no idea what a more evolved community means or implies "...some believe they live in,... who are these mysterious people who believe they live in a 'more evolved community', whatever that is, which does not have a long standing policy of refuting lies? "...then there would be no reason to continue this arguement" future conditional, the condition is false, so 'no reason' becomes 'the reason', turned around, we get -

'The reason to continue this arguement is that some people falsely believe they live in a more evolved community and this community they don't live in does not have a long standing policy of letting lies stand unanswered.'

Well, ok, sure.

That begs the question, actually many questions. I don't necessarily think *my* agenda (such as it may be), will be respected, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Who does Russ think I'm claiming as innocent? I know who I think is misguided, but I doubt that is who you think I think is (this day is filled with awful sentences).

It might. I'd like some, please - ice cream, not so much the group hugs.

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Hey Scott,

I didn't post any list so the rest of your post is pointless.

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You left out the crucial "even" which changes the sense of the sentence.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The truth is I paid no attention to your list in the first place. The reason was simple, you missed the point and I expect you will continue to do so.

However, in actually taking a quick scan of your list, I was struck more by some of the names that were missing than the ones that were there.

Was it intentional on your part to leave out Republicans like President George H.W. Bush and Senator Bob Dole and democrats like Zell Miller?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Right on target, Carpro!

ASLANSPAL has a habit of posting the same information several times when he gets cornered and wants to change subjects. I think it's partly a tactic to bump his responses to the top of the thread in hopes the previous postings won't be seen and read.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Scott,

I didn't post any list so the rest of your post is pointless.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry. It was someone else.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"ASLANSPAL has a habit of posting the same information several times when he gets cornered and wants to change subjects. I think it's partly a tactic to bump his responses to the top of the thread in hopes the previous postings won't be seen and read."

Funny,...the same thing could be said of the neocons and the corporate MSM. Although they (neocons and media) have a far greater propaganda machine than ASLANSPAL. ;)

20. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Yes, you are right: why is George McGovern on that list? :eek:

Amazing: those who rattle the sabres the loudest are least likely to actually serve.......

Regards, Ken,

BiR