1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many of you please God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

How many of you please God by your works? For all the arguing that goes on around here by what a Christian should do or not do, wear or not wear, drink or not drink, how many of you can truly say you love the Lord your God will all your heart?
    How many of you love you neighbor as yourself?
    How many of you do not DAILY fall short of the Glory of God?
    (I know some CLAIM not to sin daily but for all the rest of us...)

I need God grace just as much today as I did the day I first believed.
    I need Christ's atoning work on Calvary as much for the sins I committed today as the ones ten years ago.

I don't need more law! I need more grace. I need the gospel!

2. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

How many of you do not DAILY fall short of the Glory of God?
    (I know some CLAIM not to sin daily but for all the rest of us...) IMHO...
    there is absolutely no one alive who can say this, and if they do, then they just proved me right.

We are all sinners! Christian or not!

I can say, without a doubt that I do love God with all my heart. I am still human and for that reason I will continue to sin. Do I want to sin? NO, but it is our nature, and I strive not to, which is what God desires for us to do.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not please God. I can't.

God is well pleased in His Son, and He is my substitute. As long as God is pleased with the sacrifice of His Son, He will be pleased with me.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

You may not have been here at the time but there is a certain active member of this board that claims to have done just that. A few others claimed it was possible.

Well, speak foryourself but I wouldn't even say that about myself.
    Do you REALLY Love the Lord with ALLof your heart?

I think if we truly understood how wicked our hearts really were we would not even say that.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

The Father is well pleased because of the Son's intercession on ourbehalf.

Some have said that God does not require perfection, only our best.
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Our best is NOT good enough.
    The Gospel is that Christ and His perfect and complete work on calvary ARE good enough!

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why we need a substitute.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I can not please God. But Christ completely drunk the cup of God´s wrath dry for me. I stand in His righteousness by grace alone.

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Ditto!

(this is because my message was too short!)

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Mega dittos!

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I believe that Adam and Eve pleased God before the fall. I also believe the Able, Noah, Abraham, and Moses pleased God. Luke says that:

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. I believe that God is included in this joy. I also believe that God was pleased by the way the apostles and others stepped up to the task of preserving and expanding the church after Christ ascended back to Heaven.

Jesus said:

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

I think abiding in the Son's love is pleasing to God.

Finally, I KNOW God is pleased by those he separates as sheep in the final Judgment.

Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

11. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

All my works are as filthy rags before the Lord.

love,

Sopranette

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

1 John 1:8-10
    8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I need not say anything more. Verse 9 is my only hope. This is the only way that I can please God.

13. Joe

Joe New Member

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD
    Psalm 119:35*Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight
    Psalm 147 :11*The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy

I please God. Noah pleased God, as did David. Not 100% of the time, but we do please God. He commands us to strive to please him

14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

You do huh? Without faith it is impossible to please Him.
    In my own flesh I NEVER please Him.

15. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

If we simply strive to do what God desires us to do, He is pleased, must be sad to think you never please Him. I Please Him, for I am His child.

16. Joe

Joe New Member

Good news Dale. Maybe you are being especially meek today :saint:

Psalm149:4*For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation

I read your posts. Imo, you're not so far gone that you aren't pleasing your Creator :thumbs:

#16 Joe, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  17. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

I agree with you Dale-c. I desire to love God with all my heart but that is a tough thing to do. My flesh keeps getting in the way. I keep trying and trying a failing and failing. I can totally relate to Paul`s struggles with his flesh and doing what he doesn´t want to do or wanting to do something and then not doing it. I know this will be an ongoing struggle in my life. But I think God is please when we keep pressing towards that goal of loving him with all our heart. After all, David fell time and time again but God said he was a man after his own heart.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 3
    22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
    23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.​

We have all received His Son by faith and love one another, that pleases Him.​

We acknowledge our sins without excuses and that pleases Him.​

When we praise Him and do good, sharing what we have, God is well pleased.​

Hebrews 13
    15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
    16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.​

When the children of God do these things above, that pleases Him.

HankD

19. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Well, I in my flesh never please Him but by the faith He has given me I can.
    So in a sense, I never please Him. In another sense I always do because my sins are covered in His blood.

My main point has been that we do all the things discussed on this board not because it i required for God's love but that we Love Him and desire to obey Him.

20. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

Amen & Amen!!