1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many of you....

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by exscentric, Feb 25, 2011.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    use an ereader for your reading?

I was doing some on my tablet but it was pretty heavy and with a short battery life so tried a Kindle and love it. Light, easy to read and I've only charged it twice in about two months of ownership.

I have never read for pleasure until now and am quite enjoying it.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's funny you ask because I'm on the search for whether I should get one or not. I had kind of settled on getting the Nook Color but then I realized that one of my biggest purposes in having it is to read on our boat in the summer. That doesn't work well with the screen so the e-ink would be better. I don't like the regular Nook and the Kindle battery life would be amazing when living on a boat with limited power. So now I'm plugging away at getting more MyPoints so I can get the $50 Amazon gift card and the SwagBucks to get the $10 Amazon card so I can save some money. This will be my Mother's Day, birthday (right around Mother's Day), anniversary (June 15) gift for me. :) Each year I allow myself one more "expensive" gift at that time. I should be able to have the $60 worth of gift cards before then.

3. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The wife has an old Nook and loves the thing. If you are interested and have someone technically inclined the nook color can be modified to a regular android tablet from what I read.

I'd guess you will enjoy the kindle for outdoor reading from the ads, haven't tried it myself.

4. Dauntie27

Dauntie27 New Member

hi! Newbie here. I have a Kindle and I love it! Actually, I just upgraded to the newer one and I coudn't be happier. I downloaded the Bible on it along with other books. It's great for flying. I used to bring a Bible and a book on the plane and now I just need one Kindle! Love it! Lots of free books too.

5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which Bible did you get and how hard is it to navigate?

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When I was looking at the free books, the ESV and the KJV were the two that were available for free. :) I'd guess it's not as easy as typing in a search "John 3:16) but that you'd have to go to the table of contents or something. I have the ESV Study Bible on my iTouch and use that mostly.

7. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a forum that is all things ereader, of course it is open to the world so no telling what you will find.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/

Has a free/good deal thread on ebooks.