1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Many Resurrections In Revelation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 26, 2015.

?
  1. 1

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time folks as I do. You have got as much chance convincing a Darbyite that there is only one more resurrection as you have convincing Roman Catholics that the pope does not stand in Jesus Christ's stead!

2. OldRegular

DC, Here are the beliefs of those Catholics like me who endured great tribulation for their Faith. Not that you have the capability of understanding them!

From the thread: 3 Differences between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ

#82 OldRegular, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  3. OldRegular

DC, Here are the beliefs of those Catholics like me who endured great tribulation for their Faith. Not that you have the capability of understanding them!

From the thread: 3 Differences between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ

#83 OldRegular, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kinda popish of you...

;)

Didn't think you would answer the question.

God bless.

5. OldRegular

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, you're doctrine is very catholic.

More evasion and smokescreen to try to hide your inability to answer my questions.

Maybe be I g called as dispensational is not so bad. At least I am not confused with the error of the Catholic Church. Nor embrace their doctrine.

Of course nobody who actually reads Scripture falls into that. But thanks for showing what you do read.

God bless.

7. OldRegular

The pope invents his doctrine and Darby invents his doctrine!

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I'm okay that my doctrine can't be seen to be the ancient teaching of the Catholic Church. Burn cmnadles very often?

And by the way...what tribulation do you suffer? You don't seriously feel like a martyr for trying to keep people from discussing Scripture do you?

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we see whose doctrine you have adopted.

God bless.

10. OldRegular

Look Whatever. I have been insulted on this BB for ten years by Darbyite pre-tribbers like you and frankly you are a novice, a child, compared to others. So do your best. Perhaps after a few years you will catch up with those who have more practice. Before I take offense when someone attempts to insult me I simply consider the source and make allowance for their childish behavior!:godisgood::sleep:

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing in John 5:28,29 that requires one to believe the resurrection spoken of is simultaneous or trumps what is stated in 1 Cor 15:20-26.

As a matter of fact I believe 1 Cor 15:20:26 states the exact same as I stated concerning Revelation.

Especially V 23 YLT and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,

A first-fruit (singular) Christ = Rev 1:5 the first begotten of the dead,

afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence, = Rev 11:11 which appears to be within the moment of the seventh, the last, trumpet being sounded and also equal to Rev 20:4,5 called the first resurrection, Those who are Christ's at his coming.

We also know that resurrection is not inclusive of all who have died in Adam, yet we know from V 22 of 1 Cor even they will, in Christ, be resurrected which = The rest of the dead of Rev. 20:5 which takes place a thousand years following the first resurrection.

Question. What is the purpose of that resurrection? Were those, of this resurrection, called of God while alive in the flesh of Adam, and given the first-fruit of the Spirit, or in other words, James 1:18 YLT having counselled, He did beget us with a word of truth, for our being a certain first-fruit of His creatures. Why are they being, in Christ, resurrected? Is it because Death is to be destroyed. These who while in the flesh of Adam and died in Adam, not having been called of God, say as Abraham was; Will they at this time be resurrected, maybe even in the flesh, and will they at this time preform the following? Phil 2:10,11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Will they be cleansed by the blood of Jesus and given the right to the tree of life that is in midst of the paradise of God?

Did God call Abraham out of idolatry, for the purpose of the Christ, the seed of Abraham, coming into the world, or was Abraham just seeking God?

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think they will be two men called by God at that time, I also believe the OT saints who had the Spirit of God will be raised together with the NT saints and the changing of those alive at the coming of Jesus. I believe the following verses supports this.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
    And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:35,39,40

Also: Eph 2:19-22

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then why are you still posting. If it is your opinion that it should have been closed stop posting and antagonizing others.
    Either that or post in grace and post only to the OP, the topic of this thread which I will remind you is:

How Many Resurrections in Revelation?

We don't need all the resurrections that Waalvord lists, just the ones mentioned in the Book of Revelation. Stick with that. But if you think this question has been asked and answered and have nothing more of value to contribute then don't post here (on this particular thread) any longer.

14. OldRegular

John 5:28, 29
    28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

It says "The hour is coming, in the which all". I suppose one could argue about what the meaning of "is" is like Bill Clinton, but "is" is singular! Also one could argue about all but I believe the passage means just what it says. There will be a general resurrection and judgment when Jesus Christ returns just as HE states in this passage of Scripture. That is also what essential all Baptist Confessions state!

If you look at the passage from 1 Corinthians we read:

1 Corinthians 15:20-26
    20. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
    21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
    22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.
    24. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    25. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    26. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Jesus Christ is the first resurrection, they that are HIS are resurrected at HIS coming. Then comes the END when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Nothing there inconsistent with a general resurrection and judgment. In fact, interpreted correctly, it reinforces the passage John 5:28, 29 not that it needs reinforcing!

15. OldRegular

I answered that question in the initial response to the OP, Post #2. No one has attempted to rebut the Scripture I posted from Revelation!

Why not? As long as my initial post is ignored and I get snotty insults I feel obligated to respond. Wouldn't you?

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also see them as two men who are clearly resurrected and raptures.

I do not view Old Testament Saints to be eternally indwelt, though. Christ makes it clear in John 14 as well as Acts 1 this is yet to be fulfilled. The passage above references physical resurrection, and for the OT Saint all that was known was a general resurrection. Glorification was not revealed to them. We also see they were not made perfect (complete).

But most of that is not essential to the focus of the OP.

Do we include their resurrection (two witnesses) as one of the resurrections of Revelation?

God bless

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Address post 41.

Jesus Christ is indeed the First to be resurrected in a glorified body, He is the Source of resurrection...but he is not the First Resurrection in Revelation. He is not Resurrected in Revelation 20.

Address post 41.

Quit hiding from the truth of Scripture, BR.

God bless.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody is denying there is a general resurrection described in Revelation.

Its you denying two other resurrections that forces you to avoid answering simple questions. Perhaps instead of reading so much Darby and waalvord you should pay attention to your Catholic brethren. At least some of them try to support their amillenial view.

Not when a Moderator repeatedly asks me to stay on topic.

That would be pretty embarrassing.

God bless.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the poll is tied between 1 and 3 (at this point) which means we have at least two other members who have opportunity to show which of the three resurrections in Revelation is the one they think is the singular resurrection they voted for, and explain why the other two...don't count.

Any takers?

And I'm not saying the poll indicates truth, just views of the members. It is Scripture that determines truth alone.

God bless.

20. OldRegular

Anyone who attempts to understand the Book of Revelation as a chronological record of events is doomed to failure in understanding its message.

Anyone who attempts to apply a strict literal interpretation to the Book of Revelation is doomed to failure in understanding its message.

The Book of Revelation was written to the Churches at a period of time when were undergoing severe persecution from both Jews and the pagan Empire of Rome.

Revelations is a book of comfort for the Saints, the "true believers". Revelations is a book of comfort for the Saints because it shows that all the redeemed of all time emerge triumphant over Satan and Evil through Jesus Christ our LORD! Revelations is a book of comfort because it shows that all the redeemed of all time will dwell eternally in resurrected and glorified bodies in the presence of the Triune GOD in the New Heavens and New Earth!

Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. {Revelation 21:3, 4}

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Yet some on this Forum throw the Church, for which Jesus Christ shed HIS blood, OUT and teach that GOD is going to turn this world over to the antichrist to do as he wills for a period of seven years. It is beyond belief, borderline blasphemy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.