1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many sins to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Aug 4, 2007.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yes, by WHOSE righteousness will you enter the kingdom?

Don't you ME folk have the courage to claim in public that you're building your hope on your own righteousness? Are you so ashamed of your doctrine?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I certainly am not a ME man, I believe as the Old Church believed that the ME is spiritual, but I do care about Christians claiming they can commit any sin known to man.

Hbr 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Hbr 10:18 Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin.

Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

#82 Brother Bob, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

In all due respect, Bob, I find your doctrine of sin rather unorthodox.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Please read the following two scripture closely TC;

Hbr 10:18 Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin.

Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Why would you think the scripture is unorthodox. You think Jesus was just making small talk when these scriptures were written?

You think I don't know my stance on the doctrine of sin goes against the big Baptist churches who are willing to give up the name of Baptist so they can get more tithes. That is what it has become TC; and the church better wake up, they are falling in the trap, the Lord said they would and the love of many shall wax cold, and turn from the truth to fables.

What is your answer for the Christians to sin the sins that will not enter the Kingdom of God. Do you really believe, no matter what you do, how corrupt you get, that you are covered by the blood of Christ? If this is true, please tell me why Judas is lost, please tell me why even satan is not saved also. I thought he was at one time one of the good angels.

Do you really believe the "robe" of righteous can be stained over and over and over?

#84 Brother Bob, Aug 5, 2007
  5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Okay, then, by whose righteousness will you enter the kingdom?

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

my righteous is as filthy rags, its by His righteous but if I get it, I don't have the right to make it unrighteous.

All need to spend all your time teaching "not to sin", not if you sin adultery, its covered. I just do not believe that.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Your doctrine of sin I do not see in Scripture.

2. Those Scriptures you quote do not support you view one bit.

3. I even see some semblance of penance requirements in your doctrine of sin.

4. Then, Christians do not sin; they sin, but only a type of sin; you must be aware of every sin, even unconfessed sins, or you won't make it; some sins you may commit, but others you cannot.

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What do you mean "if you get it"?

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is because you do not want to see it, or you are blinded.

Let us take the first scripture Hbr 10:17, this is the one you use to say all your sins are covered, past, present and future.

But lets see if that is what it says. Their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Here He is talking about sins that He

remembered at that moment, so it had to be all your past sins, there is no future sins in there at all, and I challenge you to

show me there is.

So, if you repent and are born again, He will remember your sins and iniquities no more that He had remembered before. Tho

your sins be as scarlet, they shall be made white as snow. So, now you are clean, what you going to do with it, go

backwards or press on the the prize of the mark of the high calling. Now lets see what happens if you do those sins again

that will not enter the Kingdom of God. We move to the second scripture Hbr 10:18 Now where remission of these sin is

(talking about the sins he said he would remember no more) there is no more offering for sin. So, if you sin these sins that

shall not enter the Kingdom of God, there shall no more offering for them. Then what you going to do. Jesus said He was

through with you. Let us move on to Hbr 10:26 Now if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth (I

think we would all agree thats when we are born again) there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Do you think Jesus should die again for you? I do not think so.

Hbr 10:18 Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin

Hbr 10:26¶For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

You say its unorthodox, then you show me scripture where Jesus said He would cover your future sins regardless of what they are.

Scripture please where all your future sins were covered at the cross.

#89 Brother Bob, Aug 5, 2007
  10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil.

Salvation...................

I see it to TC; but its not me, thats what I been trying to tell you. I am glad you can see the need..............:godisgood:

#90 Brother Bob, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007
  11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Still no answer? I guess the ME folks are too busy recruiting more people to come invade Baptist Board. ;)

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Yes. The ME crew is quite the organized bunch. We have a Meetup group that gets together to try to figure out new ways to irritate you. We're looking for a treasurer...you game?:rolleyes:

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Answer the question and then we'll talk. ;)

14. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yes, by WHOSE righteousness will you enter the kingdom?

Still no answer. Is this question too difficult for you ME guys? That really gives your doctrine a LOT of credibility that you can't answer such a simple question. Do you need an easier question, like how many books are in the Bible?

15. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The ME guys are currently engaged in a recruitment drive for ME BB participants. Once we have another batallion to invade the BB we'll make it a priority to get you your answer.;)

By the way...isn't asking how many books are in the Bible a question we might have for you? As an ME'r I'm very confident that the book of James is canon and I believe it to have been brilliantly written and a book that Christians should grab hold of, study and apply to their lives. I could be wrong but I don't get the impression you share that position.

16. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

npet: This is likely not the thread to ask this question, as it is off subject to a degree... but I know you are wtaching the thread tonight and I had a question.

If I recall, you stated you were a Calvinist correct?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Still no answer.

ME'rs, by WHOSE righeousness will you enter the kingdom?

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Once would suffice. And if you have one then I would like you to explain again why a person has to confess something that has already been forgiven. And then I would like for you to exaplain to me how a PERFECT God has to do something twice, because the first time wasn't good enough.

This question has already been answered for you. This is the same tactic that you people continue to use. You ask your questions and then you go to another thread and ask the same questions and act as if we won't answer them for you.

I believe at least a couple of people addressed this question. I know I told you were to look to find the answer and it was just one verse. But I've answered the question in detail a number of times.

And this question is just like all your others its mere game playing. Everything we have told you has been backed up with Scripture. And when those on your side are put to the test you back up shop and run leaving the person with read your Bible.

Maybe you will want to answer my question that no one on your side has been willing to discuss and that is where is your Scriptural proof that the people in the gospel accounts were spiritually dead until they believed Christ?

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

JJump:
    What are you talking about?

If it has, please reference the post. I have seen nothing but avoidance.

This has nothing to do with 1000 years of punishment.

By WHOSE righteousness will you enter the kingdom? I will help you. You only have to answer A or B.

A. Your righteousness

B. Christ's righteousness

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

What I am talking about is an inconsistency in your theology. You have said that our sins are taken care of at the cross. However I John 1:9 tells us that we have to confess our sins to have them forgiven.

So your theology has all of our sins forgiven at the cross when we are first saved and then we have to confess them to have them forgiven again when we actually commit them.

You have a perfect God that has to do something twice. That's just logically impossible. When God forgives it is done with.

Your only explanation to date is that our future sin, when it becomes a reality breaks our relationship with God, which again is impossible in your theology because that sin while it has yet to be comitted has already been forgiven, so once it is committed there is still nothing to break the relationship.

Your theology is flawed in the area of when sins are forgiven and what sins are forgiven at the point of the receiving of everlasting life.

You have a tendancy to see what you want to see. I'm not going to go back through these post to do "your" homework. You go back through them.

But I even remember my quote which said that I was tired of playing your games, but just so that you couldn't falsely accuse me in the future (that obviously didn't work) I gave you Revelation 19:8 to ponder.

And as with everything else you merely wrote it off because of what some "theologian" had to say on the matter despite what the text actually says.

Not to mention the many times I have explained how "works" actually work in the life of a Christian. The question has been answered MANY times and I even answered it for you again, but I don't suppose that will stop you asking and accusing of avoidance will it? :tear:

I see so more of the we have to answer your questions, but it's okay for you to avoid, dodge or refuse to answer mine. Hmmm . . . typical.

Why don't you go to the OT salvation thread that I started and since it is on topic there you can venture an answer.