1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many times are we "made alive" in the process of salvation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And this is a false accusation, isn't it?
    Yes, I was the subject and Christ was the object, as it should be. IT was Christ that saved me. He bestowed his love for me. Even John 3:16 has those pronouns in it. They are clothed in "whosoever".
    On this board I have probably quoted that verse more times than you have. The finger points both ways.
    For a new believer does, and if you still don't understand that then you have not understood what I have said/posted.
    And I never denied that fact once. I will repeat. I have probably quoted that verse more times than you have on this board. Why are you trying to falsely accuse me of something I don't believe. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I believe people try to turn things around on us and try to make our testimony seem self-centered that we are to be ashamed of our own testimony and run to their belief where they try to say it is God-centered.

I know my testimony is God centered and in desire, desperate need of God to preserve me. I am saved because of God's word that those who trust in the Lord will not be put to shame or disappointed.

1 Peter 1:
    22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.[Some early manuscripts from a pure heart] 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

“All people are like grass,
    and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
    the grass withers and the flowers fall,
    25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”[Isaiah 40:6-8 (see Septuagint)]

And this is the word that was preached to you.

#82 psalms109:31, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

A "theological sense" from whose perspective?

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Just curious...

WHY do you have this "veiled' animonisty towards DoG though?

Seems that you get quite upset whenever some cal tries to talk/discuss on it!

Not saying anything "personal" here, believe you are a sincere Christian, just wondering why you so agitated while dialoging with cals here?

#84 JesusFan, Jul 30, 2011
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It upsets me that Cals go to any extreme to mislabel or even slander their own brethren.

I am not a Pelagian, but yet I was called one. Does that sound fair to you?
    I do believe the Bible, and have quoted that Jesus is the author and finisher of my faith many times. Yet I was just told that I don't believe that. Does that sound fair to you? Would not that make you a tad upset.

To be called an unbeliever in veiled language is not posting in grace and is grounds for an infraction, though I did not give one.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let me answer that another way (far more simple and direct).

Why don't you Cals simply believe the Bible instead of Calvin.
    That is what I strive to do.

7. JesusFan

Understand your points here, just saying that"cal" itself does not make one accuse you of things!

the system of Cal does not make one act way they do, its the "choice" to act the way they do!

personal attacks aside here...

just seems that you have a Big gripe against the DoG themselves, and that bleeds through your remarks to cals at times!

8. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Not really... You posted what you posted. I just made comments based on what you posted. Now, if I had said something really out of line like, "DHK eats actual human flesh and drinks actual human blood when he takes communion," then you could rightly accuse me of false accusations.

As it was, YOU said that YOU made all the actions involved in your salvation, which may indeed have been the case. But, if so, you did not follow the biblical concept of salvation being (what was that verse again?)...

I am sort of confused that you somehow want to have your cake and eat it too, in that YOU wish to be the one who initiates your own salvation, but you also want to attribute your salvation solely to God. It is one way or the other, can't be both at the same time, and in that you said that YOU initiated it, I just commented that you followed a Pelagian theological tenet. Not sure why that is my problem... You either own up to what you are/did or you recant and change to a more biblical position.

Oh yeah... That one... :laugh:

Still pretty sure you are not getting what I am saying, but I've made it abundantly clear if you re-read my earlier post.

I'm not sure why my shame has to enter the picture at this point. Again, I've just commented on what you first wrote. If you, however, wish to be my judge, then we could turn to some additional Scripture that speaks to that issue... :thumbsup:

9. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

That is nonesense of the highest order and you know it.

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

A "theologian."

11. JesusFan

just checking in here on point of being a pelagian...

is that someone who denies any additional "something" God has to do in order to have us be able to respond in faith to gospel..

just Gospel is suuficient, no extra Grace or anything else needed?

12. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

DHK, did you need divine aid to receive Christ as Savior, or you did so in your own ability?

13. preacher4truth

I am not certain if you are getting upset, but it appears that perhaps you are. This is when things go awry and when we get in the flesh.

Cals believe the Bible, and Sola Scriptura, and are not following a man, but God through His Word.

Do you have any theologians/preachers you read, enjoy, agree with? Or do you ever read anything theological in nature, theological works?

14. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

What specifically do you want to know? Here is a detailed post from another thread on this subject. Let me know if it doesn't answer your question:

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

For by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves.
    Can it be any clearer?

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, many; but not solely Calvinistic. Thus I am not blind to the truth as some others who are brainwashed here.

17. preacher4truth

The Scriptures are clear.

Did you need Divine aid in receiving Christ, or were you able to receive/choose Him without Divine aid?

I take it from the Scripture you've used you believe He enabled you and gave you faith. Just seeing if you are now embracing being enabled to receive Him, or not.

18. preacher4truth

Who are your most cherished authors among Christians?

I also hold to many authors, and not only to those of one theological position. Probably couldn't tell you which way all of them lean either. It never really mattered to me. I do however think the insight of Cal/Reformed to write and interpret and give Glory to God on a higher level than others.

I don't believe there are any blind or brainwashed here. There are lot's of sin-washed and blood-washed though.

Now, I will state that there are some that hold to unscriptural perceptions of the Godhead/Attributes &c. I wouldn't though, call them blind, just in need of some interpretational/hermeneutical assistance.

#98 preacher4truth, Jul 30, 2011
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You make comments ignorantly and purposely inflammatory, just like a troll. Have you looked at when I joined this board? If you really wanted to know what I believed concerning salvation you could do a search.
    That is false and you know it.
    I believe you are ignorant concerning the true meaning of Eph.2:8,9 and couldn't give a proper exegesis of it if you tried. That is where you will find a good explanation of salvation. BTW, I have exegeted that passage many times on this board. Just do a search and you can find one of those many times.
    This is a false allegation.
    Salvation is all of God, as I have said many times. You know nothing of what I believe, but just make things up as you go along. Slanderous statements seem to be your trademark.
    I didn't say that; you only think I did. But you have no idea what I believe; you just think you do. You ignorantly post what you think I believe, all the while making false accusations. Do you really think you are acting like a Christian should?
    You need to recant of your false allegations. If you don't I will report it to others on the administrative staff. This garbage has gone far enough.
    Your post demonstrate your ignorance and your shame. You have much to both apologize and recant if necessary. I hope you will reconsider.

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. Venom flowing. How unexpected on a thread about sovereign God doing 100% of saving v other ideas.

BTW, we are ALL saved 100% by God's grace. "Salvation is of the Lord" not man. We all know and recognize that, on both sides of the watershed.

Ten page limit thankfully reached. Closing bell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.