1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many unsaved friends do I (we) have?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by mr. messy, Mar 29, 2005.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Mr. Messy again.

I tend to have most or all of my friends from church. If others have dcne this too, then we have built a wall between ourselves and those who need the Lord. Jesus was a friend of sinners.

Yet I just invited one neighbor to come to church for Good Friday services or for Easter services.

I want to try to reach out to others, to influence others for Christ. But I feel that I have a "long way to go" to that.

"How many unsaved friends do I (we) have?"

Thanks, mr. messy.

2. JohnB

JohnB New Member

I lament the fact that I have few "pagan" friends. Some unbelieving relatives, but few friends.

I work from home as a computer data analyst, so I interact "face to face" with no one but family and church friends.

I have a desire to evangelize and have participated in short term missions. And I want to try prison ministry.
    But I find that all my interaction has to be very intentional and planned since I do not have casual acquaintances or friends who are unbelievers.

I would encourage you to continue being an "Andrew" inviting others to "Come see." Invitations to church functions is probably the #1 method of effective evangelism.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I have struggled with this same issue. I am a pastors wife, and most of my dealings are with church people. Several years back, I decided to try to get more into the community so I could be with lost folks. So I started subbing at the local school. Then I joined a mother/child recreation class, and now I am in a community aerobics class. It is actually refreshing to me to be with lost folks - it helps me remember from whence I have come and it helps me to keep the goal of sharing Christ at the forefront of my life.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Studies have shown that the average Christian loves their church but not enough to invite a non-believer. I think it speaks well of the chruch when people begin to invite their non-Christian friends to the church they attend.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Although we live in the parsonage right in front of our church...no one living in the houses near us are from our church. So we take full advantage of helping out, speaking to, inviting over, etc, etc with all of our neighbors. Our little girl and our neighbors daughter are really good friends, and she actually has become a Christian since we moved here and started bringing her to AWANA with me.
    Another thing i have noticed that helps is frequenting stores more than others so that i can develop a relationship with the workers there.

I'm thankful that we have a new director of missions for our association who is very big on counting baptisms out of the "pagan pool" (as he calls it) above all baptisms...because he wants to see the churches making an impact on our community.

in HIS grip
    bobbyd

6. seachaser

seachaser New Member

I love to go offshore fishing. I want to start taking unsaved friends and neighbors out fishing with me more often. Use my fishing hobbie as a tool for witnessing.
    Its awesome how beautiful the sunrise and sunsets can be while out on the water. I try and comment on how beautiful God's creation is when I see this. Especially when there is an unsaved person onboard with me. Sometimes this can lead to a chance to witness to some one.

I also ride motorcycles. I have found that this too can be used a tool for witnessing to other riders that I meet.

JohnB I was involved in a motorcycle prison ministry for a while. Its awesome.