1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many use a confession of Faith...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OleSchoolBaptist, Oct 29, 2005.

1. OleSchoolBaptist

OleSchoolBaptist New Member

Such as the New Hampshire confession or the 1689 2nd London?

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Use it how?

Since you posted this in the Fundamental area, are you speaking specifically to IFBers or Fundamentalists? or any Baptists?

Most Baptist churches I know of don't use any sort of Confession within their church service. It might be referenced in their constitution though. Generally Ive seen the Apostolic Confession (I think thats what its called)....but only written out in the church constitution as something the church agrees with.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many fundamentalist independent Baptist churches have a confession of faith or doctrinal statement of faith as part of their church constitution.

5. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I agree with a great deal defended in both the 1st and 2nd London Baptist Confession, though I have disagreements with those and all confessions of faith in some areas. More importantly though, I'm not convinced of the need to subscribe to a confession. My former Church, Dayspring chapel of Austin TX has this statement which I agree with