1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many will apologize?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Pastor Larry, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please read the quote I made and stay on task.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Well, Johnson took over from JBJ and Ford took over from Nixon. Reagan could easily have dies in the assassination attempt. Going back a little further, Truman stepped in when FDR died. I wouldn't call it an extreme longshot.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The fallacy is in believing that this is the governments job...

The church gets its power and authority from Jesus Christ.
    What he has asked us to do, we should do. I'm sure there are enough Christians in all walks of life.... including professional circles such as medicine and dentistry to touch the needs of people within our communities if we had less restriction and regulation and more freedom to keep that which we do earn and use our own resources of money and/or skills to deliver real concern and loving care in the name of Jesus to those who really have need.

Many churches in my community, which is poor but not high maintance as far as welfare and food stamps is concerned, do have active out reaches into the community. What one church may not provide another one covers. When folks with special needs are identified, free will offerings may be taken, or volunteers offer services and helps or referral to other churches or organizations through which the churches work are made. The church where I attend is an active participant in providing homeless families with shelter, on a shared rotation with other churches of various denominations, until the parents find jobs, the home is stablized, and the family is on its feet again.....even assisting with furnishings and clothing as well as food, and counseling services if needed.

I would suggest to any Christian interested in meeting the needs of the poor, the sick, the homebound, the nursing home, the elderly, contributing child care to working mothers, helping seniors with yard care or house repairs, or practicing the healing arts, or being a role model to a child of a single parent, or a 'foster' grandparent to children who have none, or to tutor a struggling child, or befriend a troubled teen ager, or give care givers a respite, or help someone with car repair, or volunteer for disaster relief, or provide transportation for someone without it to church or shopping or doctors, or minister to the nursing and retirement homes or prisons....... that if you're in a church which has no outreach and you feel so strongly about this, consider starting one in your church and/or change churches until you find one which offers these opportunities for your service. This is far better witness and strengthens the message of the church than any political party affiliation or dependancy on government.

The authority of the church comes from the head which is the LORD Jesus Christ. He has the rights of delegation to whom ever he will.... and he has chosen the church, as his bride and through whom he reveals his love to the world. We do not have the authority nor the power to delegate his authority to those institutions which are established outside his Lord ship, such as government.

As for Gov. Palin's leadership if she ever had to assume the POTUS, I'm sure God is big enough to assist her in that challenge if she seeks his guidance. Other governors have led as POTUS. Whoever is in office we should support with our prayers that God will give them a heart for righteousness and wise counsel and steer them and the forces around them for our good and for his glory.

#23 windcatcher, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
  4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not often no, but McCain will be the oldest elected president and has a history of cancer. This unfortunately increases the odds.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Now we are three pages in and people who made these attacks are still defending them. Have you no conscience?

6. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Nice gimmick Larry, not gonna work

Of course, this was an investigation that Palin herself initiated, by filing an ethics complaint against herself. The three members of the Personnel Board are appointed by Palin, and she cooperated with the investigation.

By contrast, the only independent investigation into the matter -- which was conducted by the state legislature and with which Palin did not cooperate -- found that Palin had violated state ethics laws by pressuring subordinates to fire Mike Wooten, a trooper with whom she was embroiled in a family dispute.

nice try Larry, thanks for playing

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Sure when the facts are not on your side, attack people.

Go back and read the news reports. They were not equipped to make that judgment.

It's not a game. I didn't try anything. I don't care one way or the other. The facts are what they are.

The fact is that people roundly attacked Palin and when faced with the evidence that their attacks are wrong, they refuse to apologize.

Remember when McCain was running ads that people called "lies"? People here condemned McCain for not correcting them. Now those same people are doing the same thing. It's very telling ...

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think you have it backwards, the facts is what were was stated.

When you find out Obama is not half the things you accused him of, will you be big enough to apologize? And I will apologize to Palin but the fact s the jury is still out. This isn't over.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

So it's not every president then is it. You all make it sound like it's a sure thing for every president. which sin't true at all.

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

This is confusing. I said the facts is what were stated ... that Palin was cleared of ethical violations. So how do I have it backwards? Perhaps you just left out a word or something there.

You would have to start with showing me what I accused Obama of. I am not sure what you are talking about here.

There's no jury. It's not a criminal matter. The people charged with ethics investigations said she did not violate ethics law. That sounds like the jury has spoken.

11. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

I think the bigger question is, who has more experience, a governor for vp or a junior senator for pres?

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just as the congress of the US can have impeachment hearing on the president, the AK legislation can have hearing on the Gov if they feel they have cause. To say they had no authority is not correct, that was a ploy by the McCain lawyers to discredit the hearings. The truth is the legislative body can investigate her if they have just cause.

So what do we have now, two independent investigators with different findings. It is now in the hands of the legislative body if they choose to pursue it. Doesn't matter to me now, but it might matter a great deal to Palin as she returns to AK as Gov. She now has to work with these people and count on them to support her legislation. They really can make or break her at this point in time.

I pray for her sake that she learned the secret to politics, it is not to try and "shake things up". Leadership is about getting all sides to work together for the common good despite our differences. I hope she learned political leadership is not doing what's best for me and my house, it's about doing what's RIGHT for the people even if the best solution is against everything you stand for.

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

That question just became moot.

Ed

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

This somehow reminds me of a quote from the late Sen. Everett McKinley Dirksen.
    Ed

15. sag38

sag38 Active Member

it's about doing what's RIGHT for the people even if the best solution is against everything you stand for.

Could this be a quote from "Situational Ethics 101?"

16. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Again, please go read before you talk -- read both my words and others. What I said was that according to the news reports they had no authority to determine ethics violations. In AK there is a separate panel for that.

I think part of the problem in civil discourse (which is too uncivil) is that people don't read or listen to what is actually being said.

The first one was not independent. It was legislative. That doesn't mean it was wrong, but it's a different kind of investigation.

I wish you would have held this view prior to your support for Obama. I wish America would have learned prior to nominating these two bozo's for president.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She has nothing to learn as there was no error.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I did have this view which is why I voted for Obama. I didn't want 4 more years of the conservative philosophy. McCain/Palin would have been more of the same and the nation voiced their rejection of that thought.