1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Marijuana Legalization in America is Destroying Mexican Drug Cartel Business

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 17, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

James is getting it...

Stopping the bad guys isn't the answer. They will always exist, whether they're wearing the uniforms of those in the drug cartel or the uniforms of law enforcement. They will mix in with attempts at cleanliness and destroy.

If American society wants to stamp out large amounts of drug abuse, they'll have to stop depending on others to do it for them. They'll have to take responsibility for themselves and others. It won't happen because they hand over money or build centers or hand out informational pamphlets.

Like mentioned before - a whole nation got rid of their intense and destructive drug problem at the time, opium, because a large number of people said NO MORE. They worked together and put an end to it. They didn't pay other people to care. They loved each other. And it worked.

Why is it that this so-called Christian nation always needs to look to nations that are known to not be Christian for the best examples of Christian ways to go about life and living? Could it be that our nation is filled with lying hypocrites who care more about how much their pockets jingle or appearing righteous than honestly living like our Savior did and would have us to do?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Keep watching you won't want to miss what comes next. :smilewinkgrin:

3. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bless you brother,

Whilst we are letting our light shine and preaching The Word, we are also to watch and pray--like in The Garden--we have fallen asleep too. Our redemption draws near.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#43 Bro. James, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Right, that's all the more reason to not have an honest debate about the drug war and it's consequences. I think I get it James. We're supposed to watch and wait but not discuss, right?

Maybe I'm dense but I can't help but wonder how bright our light is shining after hiding it under a bushel of conformity for "the greater good".

#44 poncho, May 19, 2014
  5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are having a discussion of sorts on this thread, albeit a bit skewed. We seem to be having a paradigm disagreement.

The war is real; but it is spiritual--spiritual wickedness in high places. We are supposed to put on the whole armor of God. There are two fronts to the drug war: reduce the demand and reduce the traffic. If there is no demand, there will be no traffic.

We are reaping the consequences of the sins of the great grandfathers, grandfathers and fathers. We are all guilty.

It is long past time to repent and seek the Face of God--only He can really solve our problems.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#45 Bro. James, May 19, 2014
  6. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Poncho...
    You don't want "serious debate".

You probably think you do:

But you don't really know how to engage in it in the first place.
    You are genuinely incapable of it.

For instance, you pose a false dichotomy http://mind.ucsd.edu/syllabi/98-99/logic/falsedichotomy.html earlier and then simply demand a

"YES OR NO PEOPLE"..."YES OR NO"???? drug cartels or government? HUH, HUH, what of it???

That's not how debate works. It is sophomoric and stupid.

You are incapable of "serious" debate; you just don't realize it.

#46 Inspector Javert, May 19, 2014
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for telling us New Jerseyans what we have been saying for quite a while.:tear:

8. Inspector Javert

You too?

So, you want Christie to ensure that New Jerseyans can snort cocaine, smoke crack and shoot heroin carte blanche???

Is that your position E.W.F.?

My God man, READ before you post. How desperate are you to snort cocaine E.W.F.?
    How desperately do you want to use Crystal Meth?
    Are you a drug-addled lunatic desperate to get your next high??

If so, than your last post makes sense...if not...then please read the forum and learn what the debate is about before posting.

#48 Inspector Javert, May 19, 2014
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you kidding me ....they do that now....btw, why do you think Christy got so fat? He has a serious case of the munchies. :laugh:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha ha.......Crystal Method....ha ha ha.......you are nuts. I'm OK with a bong and some vodka.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Maybe some bath salts!:laugh:

11. Inspector Javert

....So....I'm speaking to a pot-head who doesn't like to live sans his bong or his Vodka....

I already knew that much.

12. Inspector Javert

Not "Crystal Method"......"Crystal Meth"....

As in, a Methamphetamine...:rolleyes:

My problem with so-called "bath salts" is when people start cannibalizing one another when high on them or, alternatively, they pull out their own bowels and start feasting upon their own innards...

Other than that....

"Bath-salts" don't bother me at all.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'd truly like to see a serious debate about this here but I'm not so naive that I believe that the keep it illegal crowd will let that happen.

This thread is more proof of that. So while they were all doing what they normally do I got a bunch of information in front of people in spite of it.

Ya know if enough facts and information keep getting out there like this it might even create a paradigm shift.

Oh wait, that's already happening.

Two Out of Three Americans Think People Shouldn’t Be Prosecuted for Possession of Drugs Such as Cocaine and Heroin; 63% Support Moving Away from Mandatory Minimums; 54% Support Marijuana Legalization

DPA’s Ethan Nadelmann: It’s Time to Stop Arresting People for Drug Use or Possession

A new national survey released today by the Pew Research Center reveals that a broad majority of Americans are ready to significantly reduce the role of the criminal justice system in dealing with people who use drugs.

Among the key findings of the report:
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2014/04/new-pew-poll-confirms-americans-ready-end-war-drugs

You know what this means? Two out of every three Americans are crazy worthless wacked out pothead marxists that want to to take control of the global drug trade out of the hands of criminal gangs, thugs and murderers, shoot heroin into infants and lay around eating cheesy poofs and playing video games all day (like all those people from LEAP) if you listen to the keep it illegal crowd or it could mean two thirds of the population are waking up to the fact that the "global war against drugs" is an epic failure and has caused society more harm than good.

I'm going with the latter.

#53 poncho, May 19, 2014
  14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Bath salts? Didn't people start using those in the United States because of the cocaine-like high they could get, without the fear of jail if caught?

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I don't think people started using bath salts because they were afraid of being arrested. Most of them were probably already using "illegal drugs". I'd say the more likely reason and the one I've heard from those who were manufacturing it and people who tried it was because they wanted to get high but didn't want to fail a drug test and lose their job. And that's how it was advertised to the public.

There's a whole industry that caters to these people. Here's one of the websites http://www.herbal-smoke-shop.com/

People will go to great extremes to catch a buzz. There's no question about that. The question is how far as a society are we willing to go towards becoming a totalitarian state before we admit drug prohibition is an epic failure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqZ108ZwAo&list=PLKkSfhYk-XBhYhpac4yoCOYsudZ0-g84N

#55 poncho, May 19, 2014
  16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's interesting Poncho. From the descriptions on the site, it makes me wonder why some drugs are banned and not others. I mean, why would what's maybe an 8 draw high be illegal over a two draw high? Sounds like the latter is more potent...

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You've probably noticed that every time this debate comes up the keep it illegal crowd loves posting lniks to this study or that study that claims MJ could be harmful right?

Have you ever seen one of them posting links to studies that show how harmful legal FDA approved drugs that kill 100,000 Americans each and every year are? That's 1,000,000 people every 10 years!

Me neither.

You know why? I got an idea but let's ask the keep it illegal crowd.

Why do you keep it illegal types worry so much about whether or not MJ is harmful while ignoring or rationalizing away the 100,000 documented deaths caused by legal drugs every year?

#57 poncho, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately you will have to wait for Mr. Looney Tunes to come on and start ranting again. Then all will be revealed.:laugh:

19. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is the government legalizing and controlling illicit drugs a good idea?

"Woe unto the man that giveth his neighbor drink."

It's a wicked thing to make it legal to sin, which is what legalizing drugs would do.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well who controls them now?