1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Much Authority Should Women Have?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by PastorMark, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only the Lord knows what really happened, but IF His wife was not willing to work it out, and wasdetermined to leave and divorce, that is scriptutrally divorce, and he would be freed from having to step down on a permanent nature, should have been on a leave though for couseling purposes...

IF she did not agree to conseling, nor to reconcialation, then wasn't he freed from divorce stigma as a Pastor?

he never remarroed correct, so he sees himself in sight of the lord still married to her?

2. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First under any of those circumstances the man does not have a biblical marriage. I am not saying he is not married but he is not living what the bible calls for in a bibilcal mariage. She is not submitting. Eph. is one place to read.

I would say that if a man has a wife who does not meet the biblical mandate for a pastors wife I would not call him in the first place nor should he seek to be a pastor. If he cannot lead his own household he cannot lead the church of God. So after some time and he is already a pastor she shows herself not to be in accord with God's calling for a wife he should step down as he no longer meets the conditions of a husband and Pastor since she is not submitting.
    I have seen this and known men that loved the rule of God more then the position of pastor so they step down as they should.