1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Much do we really keep the Unity of the Body?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Dec 22, 2016.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as People have differences between them they will never be unified. I do not deny that Calvinist just as much as free will, maybe saved. Though the differences of doctrines is what causes division. The two will not be unified until Christ comes. It's impossible to put the two together and still maintain there own views. Compromise is not an answer, it's giving up. There are Calvinist at Baptist Board. I come here and end up disagreeing with Calvinist. They attack me personally making accusations of ignorance. Telling me I don't understand. Never considering that maybe just maybe I do understand and it is they who do not understand. Always a conflict of opinions is not unity. As long as there is disagreements there will never be unity. Disagreements is what caused the reformation in the first place. Disagreements cause distrust of each other.
    MB

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as we agree upon the truth of the Gospel message, and have receivd real Jesus as our Lord/Saviour, God commands us to strive to keep unity!

Free to disagree wit anothr, but always mindful same Jesus Lord over all!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Listen my friends & look around with your eyes open. We have become a militaristic people who cannot live without negative energy, who cannot live in the realm of peace that our Lord announces......because the price of peace is non denomination. The price of peace is justice. The price of peace is truth.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me give you an example;
    Lets say you came to my church with me one Sunday. As soon as the members found out you are a Calvinist. You would be over whelmed with people who disagree with you as long as you were there. Even membership would most likely be denied. Of course they'd all welcome you but only to convert you. The same would be true if I went with you to your church. If we just fellow shipped together the same would be true. Baptist Board isn't fellow ship it's debate. People only unite when there in agreement. We are not in agreement about Salvation at all. I believe I have a choice and you don't. I know you believe in Christ as do I there fore I consider you a Christian. I have yet to hear of a Calvinist who has openly before others declared that Christ is Lord of their lives. Many say they believe but few submit.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, My Baptist chuch has Calvinians, free willers, arminians, so we do strive to maintain unity of the Body!

My senior pastor has 2 earned Ph.d, and we still disagree on election and other theological items,. but we still ee each other one in Christ!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine as well brother:Thumbsup