1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How often do you sin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by quantumfaith, Dec 31, 2013.

?
  1. 1 or less

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. 1-5

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 5-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I need a calculator

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Had the poll included the response listed in the OP: "I need to review the rules of scientific notation" ...

That would have been my answer.

And which one of you thinks you only sin one to five times a day????

#21 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

There are two answers to this question for the believer. Number 1, I never sin because I am in Christ and when the Father views me He only sees His Son. I'm covered by the blood and have the righteousness of Christ imputed to me. Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. 1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin , because he is born of God. Number 2, all that I am in this flesh is sin, Rom 7:18 For I know that in me(that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing. Rom 7:21 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death ?

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Sorry, Salzer, I just cannot agree with you on this, that being, that God does not see my sin. That would literally IMO, deny his omniscience.

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure I sin more than I realize, but much less than I used to sin.

I've stopped focusing and obsessing over sin in my life. I believe we are called to obedience and sanctification. Christ has taken care of the sin issue already. I need to trust in grace and move forward in the practices of sanctification by being obedient to Christ in all things. That requires a forward-looking theology that focuses on practical holiness, not looking back at sin.

5. quantumfaith

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. salzer mtn

Quantum here is another scripture you can disagree with. This is concerning the new covenant, Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know ye the Lord: for they shall know me, from the least to the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will for give their iniquity, and I will REMEMBER THEIR SIN NO MORE.

7. salzer mtn

Here is yet another one of those scripture, Isa 43:25 I, even I am he that blotteth out thy transgression for mine own name sake and will not remember thy sins. Isa 38:17 Behold for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul hath delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou has cast all of my sins behind thy back

8. quantumfaith

These are great scriptures no doubt, but they speak to how God deals with out sin, not to whether or not he is even aware of them.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh....Not Mortal or Venial?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. salzer mtn

Micah 7:18-19 Who is a God liken to thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage ? he retaineth not his anger forever, because he delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depth of the sea. As God told Moses to tell the children of Israel to strike the two side post and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat, for I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the first born in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgement: I am the Lord. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where you are: and when I SEE THE BLOOD I will pass over you. When God looks upon his children the only thing he see's is the blood of Christ an atonement for their sins, Exodus 12.

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Think We Have to Be Honest About Sin....

....and after reading one of my favorite links on types of sin, it may just be possible that you do not have everyone's actual number listed as a choice!

For instance, we know there are at least the sin of commission and the sins of commission, BUT when we get serious here are seven ways that we sin, often without even knowing we sinned:
    1) Unintentional Sin
    2) Besetting (recurring) Sins
    3) Destroying God’s Temple [your spiritual and physical being]
    4) Sinning Unto Death
    5) Committing the Millstone Sin
    6) Taking the Mark of the Beast & Blaspheming The Holy Spirit (you need to see the link for full disclosure of these sin).

SEE:http://thebigpicmin.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/biblical-sins-the-six-levels-of-sin/

Thus, I pray and ask God to forgive me of things I know I did as well as the many more sins I did unintentionally, or out of bad habits, and still learning on how what I do may have been offending God for a long time!

I am confident of one thing QF; He still forgives me for the many sins I commit! :applause:

This is a great poll, as it should get us thinking about a subject we tend to ignore, or selectively live through!

13. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the actual meaning of born again relative to the body? Incorruptible?

That is relative to inheriting and or entering the kingdom of God?

15. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the ones who voted 1 or less is probably one of those SDAs we have on here.

16. quantumfaith

Jordan, that was uncalled for.

17. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are probably right. Sorry.

18. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Well, yaw HEATHERNS, I'm as humble as they get, and I'm plum shooore proud of it!! :tongue3:

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I've always had a problem with this view.
    For example, does it give one permission to go to a "Victoria Secret" website, gawk at women in lingerie and then just say: "I am looking and admiring beautiful women without giving into temptation."
    The premise, as stated, gives rise to a slippery slope that can go down a very steep slope. The command of the Bible is to keep our eyes focused on those things that are pure and lovely and will not draw us into temptation.

I am sure that when the Israelite men went among the Moabitish women they were attracted to them visually. Was that attraction sin? Or, was it just the actual giving into the attraction and the resultant fornication that was sin? God forbad them not to mix with the Gentiles for a good reason.

Check out the link here:
    http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on...39529.html

The video came as a result of the rape that was made so public in India, and also because of the way that women are being treated in India.

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

Now, purposely going to the Victoria's Secret website intentionally is not the same as simply running into an attractive girl as you walk down the street. You are going to that site with the intention of lusting over those women.

I remember a year or so, someone here at BB put it like this. If you see an attractive girl walking down the street and she catches your eye, that is temptation. If you circle the block so you can look at her again, that is sin.