1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Should nonCatholics view the CC

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Glen Seeker

Glen Seeker New Member

Does it?

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From a non-RC POV - yes. The fact that the Christian Church - formalizes, organizes and goes into doctrinal error - persecuting those who remain faithful over a period of centuries, as the major world power to arise after the Pagan Roman Empire and to rule in the same region that was ruled by the pagan Roman Empire - is recorded in both Daniel and Revelation.

Bob

3. Glen Seeker

Glen Seeker New Member

Thanks.

Isn't it amazing how different lenses make two people see the same things in different lights?

It's like when the CC split into EOCs and RCC. They both saw each other as the bad guy and cast anathemas on each other.

You, through your lenses see the CC as apostate and I, through mine see your church in doctrinal error.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly!

So that gets to the subject title - GIVEN that starting point - where by DEFINITION we see each other to be in doctrinal error AS WELL as the church instution to be in gross moral error during the dark ages - What is the BEST - the most IDEAL way for a non-Catholic to view the Catholic church as an INSTITUTION when considering the specific points listed?

And IF they view it in that "oh so IDEAL way" can we really "Accuse them of Catholic bashing" if ALL they do is identify those logical conclusions regarding doctrine, practice and history that in fact "we must EXPECT them to conclude"?

As pointed out - EVEN the RCC itself sees that it must be viewed as teaching and practicing idolatry - IF the non-RC view of the Eucharist is assumed as the starting point.

In Christ,

Bob

5. Glen Seeker

Glen Seeker New Member

So, according to your belief, the CC is in apostasy and in my eyes, all Protestant sects, denoms, and independants are part of the great apostasy foretold in the Bible.

You seem to be fixated on the Dark Ages. You seem to only see evil in the Church of that period. In your mind, was there any good in the Church of that time?

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Point #1.
    You are right - the starting doctrinal position requires that view. My point is to get to the "IDEAL" view that a Catholic expects of non-Catholics "realistically" on the points listed. And the end result is that they can not accuse a non-Catholic of "catholic bashing" simply BECAUSE they are non-Catholic in doctrine. SOME of it is going to be the OBVIOUS conclusion based on the starting point. I accept that the same is true of Catholics viewing non-Catholic denominations.

Point #2.
    Yes there was good in preserving the Bible manuscripts in the unspoken languages and in missions.

Hitler got the trains running on time as well.

In Christ,

Bob

7. Glen Seeker

Glen Seeker New Member

Are you equating the CC with Hitler?

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are arguing that that CC did "something good" and I am agreeing. I am just pointing out that "doing something good" is a minimal standard.

In Christ,

Bob

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is becoming the "poster child" thread for reaching a level of honesty and integrity between two views that are not in full agreement.

Near the end we seem to see both sides willing to "Admit the obvious" -- finally.

In Christ,

Bob