How the Bible defines who God is vs. how man defines God

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by HisMercy, Apr 14, 2004.

1. HisMercy

HisMercy
    Expand Collapse

The word God is used many ways in this world. Primarily because there are many gods. It seems clear that many cannot properly identify God because of all the different doctrines that are out there. I believe the bible is clear in identifying God as the Father. Please look at the following scriptures and let me know how these scriptures agree with many of the doctrines out there.

1Corinthians 1:3, 1Cor. 8:6, 2Cor. 1:2,Gal. 1:1&3, Eph. 1:2, Phil. 1:2, Col. 1:2, 1Thess. 1:1, 2Thess. 1:1-2, 1Tim. 1:2, 2Tim. 1:2, Titus 1:4, Philemon 3, 1Pet. 1:2-3, 2John 3 and Jude 1.

2. donnA

donnA
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure you probably meant this but...

actually there is only one God, but many man has named god, all else called god are man made gods.

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

There is only on God. This one true God is eternal and He created the earth and the universe with all of its galaxies. When He created man He called this the 'Beginning' of time. [Genesis 1:1]

The god of Plato and Aristotle was not the true God as set forth in the Bible.

I was taught that in India there are thousands of gods, but these are all false gods.

Ray Berrian

4. HisMercy

HisMercy
    Expand Collapse

donnA,

You're right. That is what I meant.
    I guess my main point is that there is indeed only one God. The scriptures I made reference to seem to clearly define the one God as the Father. Would you agree with that?