1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How the sodomy ruling will effect your life?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Mark Osgatharp, Jun 29, 2003.

1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

You have just demonstrated why defining our terms is important. I will never teach my children that the acts of sodomy are sinful within the proper context. I thought the sin was same-sex sex, not kinds of sex. Or should we not use "sodomy" to describe the same acts shared by het couples?

2. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

Kelly,

I am using the term "sodomite" as it is used in the Scriptures, which always refers to same gender relationships.

Mark Osgatharp

3. Mark Osgatharp

Jailminister,

This is a subject for a totally different post, but you obviously don't have a clue about what salvation is. A saved man is capable of commiting any sin a lost man is. Commiting the sin of sodomy no more proves a man isn't saved than commiting the sin of coveteousness.

Notwithstanding, sodomy is a sin and should be spoken against, especially when infidels like Joshua are trying to pronounce it clean.

Mark Osgatharp

4. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Thanks, Mark. [​IMG] I appreciate the clarification.

5. Haruo

Haruo New Member

Kelly,

I am using the term "sodomite" as it is used in the Scriptures, which always refers to same gender relationships.

Mark Osgatharp
    </font>[/QUOTE]Au contraire,it never refers to relationships,but to a profession.

Haruo

6. Mark Osgatharp

][/QUOTE]Au contraire,it never refers to relationships,but to a profession.

Haruo [/QB][/QUOTE]

Leland,

That is nothing more than your opinion which cannot be proven by the Scriptures, and even if it could, it does not change the fact that the Scriptures categorically condemn same gender sex as unatural and vile.

The pro-sodomy forces may win in the United States courts, but they will not win before God. Wicked men like you will have to stand before the Judge of all and answer for the fact that you confirmed men in that which He calls sin.

You are no different from Jezebel who led the Lord's servants at Thyatira to commit fornication. The Lord told her he would kill her children with death if she did not repent. I sure do pity your children.

Mark Osgatharp

7. Haruo

Haruo New Member

Leland,

That is nothing more than your opinion which cannot be proven by the Scriptures, and even if it could, it does not change the fact that the Scriptures categorically condemn same gender sex as unatural and vile.

The pro-sodomy forces may win in the United States courts, but they will not win before God. Wicked men like you will have to stand before the Judge of all and answer for the fact that you confirmed men in that which He calls sin.

You are no different from Jezebel who led the Lord's servants at Thyatira to commit fornication. The Lord told her he would kill her children with death if she did not repent. I sure do pity your children.[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]You will be happy to know that (as far as I am aware) I have no children, and the woman to whom I am to be wed on August 10th has had a hysterectomy*. Still, if God wishes to give us children, so be it. God's will be done.

Haruo

* I wonder how many folks here think this means God will frown on our lovemaking.

8. Mark Osgatharp

God frowns on everything you do for:

1. "God is angry with the wicked every day."

2. "The plowing of the wicked is sin."

3. "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination."

4. "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD."

Mark Osgatharp

9. Haruo

Haruo New Member

Diane </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, boy, that's a doozy. I think it will merit a whole thread of its own in the Baptist Theology forum, but it'll take me a while to prepare it. Maybe over the Fourth. Thanks, Diane.

Haruo

10. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

A boar hog in a three piece suit and his "mate" the sow in an silk evening dress does not change the character of the animal. When a man or a woman leaves the NATURAL use of their body and burn in lust for the unnatural, then they are sinners and going long enough therein, spurning the truth of God, God turns them over. A hog in a suit as "respectable" as it looks on the outside is still a hog on the inside. It will never be a lamb or a sheep (without the grace of God changing them from the inside and that change always causes repentance - turning away).

Thanks --------Bart

11. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Those supporting the normalizing of homosexuality by usurping the authority of God and pronouncing it not a sin, are people whose opinion has lost all credibility and the value of their input on any subject is meaningless. The Bible is so crystal clear that homosexuality is wrong and to state otherwise means you can't even understand the simple things, so, why should you be listened to about the deeper things.

Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill Clinton would be proud of those trying to redefine "sodomy" based on a Hebrew root. We all know what is meant. Come on, gang. This is ludicrous.

Don't get hung up on the word "sodomy" if that is problematic. Go to Romans 1 and see the clear condemnation of same sex sexual behaviors. Don't NEED the word "sodomy" when it is spelled out so graphically . . and condemned so vehemently.

Sodomy or whatever phrase you want to use is still an abomination.

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

A man shall not lay with a man as with a woman.
    Nothing about a profession there. At all. Or with an animal. It is an abomination.
    Plain. Simple.
    Homosexuality and bestiality are wrong.
    As far as other sins such as gluttony or theft being just as "wrong", no way. All are wrong, but it's plain to see by the penalties God gave in the bible that some are worse than others. Some, such as, let's see...how about homosexuality? are given the death penalty. So is murder. Theft is not. Gluttony is not.
    Ugh, this discussion gets old. It's there in the bible, it's plain and simple. Accept it or reject it, but it would be nice if everyone quit justifying their denial of what the bible states straight out. Just say "I don't believe that part". Honesty is more admirable than deception, although the outright rejection of God's words is still wickedness whether you admit you're rejecting them or not.
    Gina

14. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Amen, Dr. Griffin

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Gina said:
    Well shut my mouth! That is a GREAT statement Gina!

Diane

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well shut my mouth! That is a GREAT statement Gina!</font>[/QUOTE]But WHAT would happen to the BaptistBoard then? We CAN'T have any debates and cat-calling if we all just said, "I don't believe that". :eek: :D [​IMG]

17. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

[​IMG] :D [​IMG]

18. superdave

superdave New Member

on the original question, the ruling in the short term will have no influence on how I live my life. I will continue to influence the culture around me as much as I can for God, and continue to be opposed morally to the practice of sodomy in any form. There are probably very few people in Texas saying "Whew, I m glad they got rid of that law, lets get it on!" Just as before the ruling there were very few if any people abstaining from Sodomy because of the law!

Long term, the ruling is a concern because it indicates the willingness of the Supreme Judicial authority of the Land (Oh that was painful to type) to subjugate juris prudence and the constitution to some fluffy politically correct emotional drivel. Just read the opinions, there is very little "Law" in there. Just as in the University of Michigan Case, there is very little real Law or even Precedent in the opinions, they are just that, opinions. What a Joke!

I am concerned at the effects it may have on the future of my freedoms to follow the one true God without persecution, and I am concerned that the vast majority of people in this country preach tolerance for sickening immoral behaviour, but I can only continue to follow God, and let him use me to influence those around me. And trust that he is working in the circumstances of my life and those who also are his for the purposes of his will. The ruling did not take God by surprise.