1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to cope with the liberal media?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Croyant, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Croyant

Croyant New Member

It's becoming a challenge to read the news at all because we are exposed to countless stories that are nothing short of blasphemous for any self-respecting Christian. There is also entertainment, which seems to flaunt how decadent and anti-Christian it is, and where Christians are cast in the worst possible light.

Really, how can one reconcile oneself with partaking in this aspect of the modern world? Every time I try to, I start getting so angry that I end up worse off.

And I must add that Americans reading this board are very lucky, because in the rest of the Western world there is basically not a single voice to counter the big secular liberal hegemony and its various unsavory agendas.

#1 Croyant, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not being trite when I say this... you deal with it by befriending and evangelizing your neighbor. If what the media is saying is a lie... then the best way of exposing it to your neighbor is for them to see it inconsistent your life and testimony.

In a more practical sense... gird up your loins by knowing the Bible and filter everything you hear from ALL sources through that worldview. Many conservative sources avoid important stories as well.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about separating myself from the TV. It's got to be good for my blood pressure...:laugh: and my wallet.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a great idea ... I will no longer watch any network news, especially NBC. My wife used to think I was picky, but I started pointing out to her the liberal slant in their reporting, and would have her watch FOX News, and she is now seeing the slant. She still watches network news, but is now pointing out to me when FOX is on the deliberate slants, and it won't be long before she only watches NBC for the weather.

The other media is the written news, but we are lucky to have a conservative paper. In fact it is the liberals that are forever writing the editor and complaining about the conservative slant. :smilewinkgrin: